Whistleblower at Concord's Firewalk Studios: staff demanded to use pronouns, open about "decreasing straight white males", cult mentality.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

SmashJT claims to be getting reports from a whistleblower at Firewalk, the studio behind Concord.

Here's a list of stuff that's been happening there:

- One of the higher-ups identifies as "non-binary", decided their pronoun was "Professor" despite not having a PhD nor having taught formally ever in their life. Proceeded to force everyone to call them by their pronoun of choice at risk of having them fired.

- "Professor" character also got fired, or tried to get fired all the unvaccinated employees.

- Due to the "Professor", the studio mandated the use of pronouns within all the staff. Everyone needs to use pronouns within all the communications (e-mails, slack, etc.)

- DEI "embedded into every facet of its company culture"

- HR openly voices desire to reduce number of straight white men, without repercussions

- Slack channels for "women only", others "for minority groups only"

- Cult mentality reins, employees are afraid to speak out against design choices. Those who did were quickly fired and/or blacklisted.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Surely this would be illegal if they had proof.

In the open or behind closed doors these things happen no matter the race/gender

Nothing new -
  • Disney says half of its casts and crews should be 'underrepresented groups'

Disney VP Discriminatory Hiring Practices: “There’s No Way We’re Hiring a White Male.”​

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
In the open or behind closed doors these things happen no matter the race/gender

Nothing new -

Disney VP Discriminatory Hiring Practices: “There’s No Way We’re Hiring a White Male.”​

If i was a person that got fired at said company because of my race I would go straight to the tribunal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: TubzGaming
OP
OP
T

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If i was a person that got fired at said company because of my race I would go straight to the tribunal.

They can use other means, that are much harder to prove, to reduce the number of straight white men. For example making biased performance reviews, refusing to advance their career, assign them to menial or irrelevant activities with no exposure, etc.

You can still go to court for this, but it's hard to prove (therefore expensive with uncertain success). Especially if you're a straight white man.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

SmashJT claims to be getting reports from a whistleblower at Firewalk, the studio behind Concord.

Here's a list of stuff that's been happening there:

- One of the higher-ups identifies as "non-binary", decided their pronoun was "Professor" despite not having a PhD nor having taught formally ever in their life. Proceeded to force everyone to call them by their pronoun of choice at risk of having them fired.

- "Professor" character also got fired, or tried to get fired all the unvaccinated employees.

- Due to the "Professor", the studio mandated the use of pronouns within all the staff. Everyone needs to use pronouns within all the communications (e-mails, slack, etc.)

- DEI "embedded into every facet of its company culture"

- HR openly voices desire to reduce number of straight white men, without repercussions

- Slack channels for "women only", others "for minority groups only"

- Cult mentality reins, employees are afraid to speak out against design choices. Those who did were quickly fired and/or blacklisted.
Who ever it was at Sony that made the final decision to purchase this studio needs to get their ass fired immediately (if it was Jim ryan he's already gone)

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Surely this would be illegal if they had proof.
feels game of thrones GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
These articles contains every “anti-woke” buzzword in the book jfc, feels like I’m reading a grummz novel. This legit feels like a made up story to rile up the usual suspects already fuming at Concord.
They could be or they could be exactly saying what is on the tin.

Concord' Lead Character Designer Believes "Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality" Also Claims The Judicial System Is "White Supremacy"​

When i see shit like this, i truly wonder if those reports are false.

26 Nov 2023

Concord' Lead Character Designer Believes "Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality" Also Claims The Judicial System Is "White Supremacy"​

That can be true without this rumor being true. These types of articles, the verbiage used, the timing is just classic grift 101. Because someone who works there says something political it’s easy to latch on to that and create stories and rumors like this because hey, if that one person says stuff like this then this rumor must be true.

Concord is a game with characters people will deem as “woke” so it’s just easy pickings at this point. And these people feeding off this have an easy time getting the engagement they need.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just my two cents again…

A random site nobody ever know before…

- Write an article without actual any evidence about weird stuffs on July 22.
- On July 23 for whatever reason the site writes another article about the same subject.
- Not being happy enough on July 24 they post another article about the same points.

I mean… it looks so obvious what the site aims that lead me to even guess maybe they are forcing the story to not say making up most of the stuffs lol

Edit - The links posted in the first article as “evidences” go to another article in the same site lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Now I understand… all the articles (the site is new with like 20 articles) are about the same…

It is so obvious the agenda.

I believe we are better than that 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Zzero

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Now I understand… all the articles (the site is new with like 20 articles) are about the same…

It is so obvious the agenda.

I believe we are better than that 🤷‍♂️
smashjt site is banned on Re.

thatparkplace is also banned.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
The game is woke as fuck. That said, I don't believe in the internet or this "leak". They are full of shit.

Day Ninja

Banned
4 Aug 2024
Are you sure we're allowed to talk about these subjects on this forum?

How can you believe they're false when their own social media pages have the same comments?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Are you sure we're allowed to talk about these subjects on this forum?

How can you believe they're false when their own social media pages have the same comments?
I think you need to read what I said again.