Who could have predicted that Gamepass is value destructive?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Just got a $1 trial of Gamepass on PC to try Persona 3 Reloaded and I'm surprised by how much worse it is in comparison to PS+ Extra. Gamepass is just not impressive at all at this point, this shit ain't going nowhere, it's PS+ but instead of PlayStation games you get Xbox flops, the third party games are better on PlayStation or at the very least comparable (many of the same games are available on both).

Seems like Gamepass will go the way of Games with Gold, this just can't be MS long term plan.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peewee78368

3 Feb 2024
Been saying this since gamepass started... Then again u had big youtube pages telling people dont buy ur games get gamepass also destroyed them

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Like clockwork the praise of the former Sony CEO begins the minute they go

Then we criticise the new one for every single thing they do, especially if they are slightly awkward in front of a camera until they are worn out and retire

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Like clockwork the praise of the former Sony CEO begins the minute they go

Then we criticise the new one for every single thing they do, especially if they are slightly awkward in front of a camera until they are worn out and retire
that's alright, keep em on their toes.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Josep Roca

26 Jan 2024
Spain
disruptiveludens.net
There's no business model in Game Pass idea since it goes against the idea of making money. It had an expiration date since the beginning, it was a bait for potential customers to buy Xbox and stay away from PlayStation, but it failed even when they are almost giving away games. This is the sad part of the situation, they can go below of that.

The only strategy behind Xbox Game Pass is price dumping, in Microsoft they are experts of this, they start giving a product or a service for a low price and when the volume of customers is high enough, they start to rise the price and drop the goodies. The real truth is that the growth stagnated completely, and they know that Xbox Series can't to beyond this point.

The reality is that the service will be dropped soon, plenty of people put money in a game catalog that they don't't even own. The real meltdown won't be Xbox as a Third Partie, but people losing their games and throwing their money away for nothing.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Jimbo done jackshit

Im fact his obsesion with porting first party games to pc and tasking sony studio to make gaas game hurt playstation progress

All these xbox downfall are their own wrongdoing

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's just the kind of thing MS would think up. I'll never forget all the "best deal in gaming" astroturfing, Game Pass makes people buy more games, game all you want for only a $1, etc. As well, there was the point when Phil actually had to admit it cannibalizes games sales which, anyone with common sense, already knew. Conditioning your user base to not buy software, failing to understand that subscription services don't fit with the way many people game, using a loss leader strategy that can only exist so long as the parent company allows it and on and on. It was just so foolish. I also suspect it never occurred to Phil to look at why no one else attempted this or was open to having it on their platforms.

That aside, it will be interesting to see if they put CoD and other newly acquired ABK titles on it. So far, it's not looking good.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's just the kind of thing MS would think up. I'll never forget all the "best deal in gaming" astroturfing, Game Pass makes people buy more games, game all you want for only a $1, etc. As well, there was the point when Phil actually had to admit it cannibalizes games sales which, anyone with common sense, already knew. Conditioning your user base to not buy software, failing to understand that subscription services don't fit with the way many people game, using a loss leader strategy that can only exist so long as the parent company allows it and on and on. It was just so foolish. I also suspect it never occurred to Phil to look at why no one else attempted this or was open to having it on their platforms.

That aside, it will be interesting to see if they put CoD and other newly acquired ABK titles on it. So far, it's not looking good.
of course they won't, as gamepass should change how it will operate.. next week news coming..

• thinking_hard

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
of course they won't, as gamepass should change how it will operate.. next week news coming..

That's what I'm thinking too. If they're really serious about actually making money/a return on their investment for the acquisitions - they're not going to keep throwing money into the Game Pass pit.