Why do some of this site's UI elements look like 4:3 media stretched to 16:9?

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Why do some of this site's UI elements look like 4:3 media stretched to 16:9?

When you scroll down in a thread, you're greeted by two circles on the bottom right corner of your browser screen, one to navigate to the top of the screen, another to the bottom. They are both horizontally stretched like 4:3 content is in order to fill a 16:9 screen.

f999VYn.png

Additionally, any time a YouTube video is embedded on this website, it's like the thumbnail was intended for a 4:3 aspect ratio with letterboxing, but then stretched to fit a 16:9 space with the top and bottom still squished due to the letterboxing intended to make it fit a 4:3 space. Example:

makes this site's design a bit amateurish, no?

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
makes this site's design a bit amateurish, no?
Strange thing to say when you are the only person to say this the whole time the forum has existed.
Also you only included 1 screenshot of some arrows saying they look stretched take a screenshot of the whole page with the elements you think are stretched.

I have no problems with the UI and i have tested it with 3 browsers, This is a screenshot using Chrome.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 084111.png

OP
OP
Polyh3dron

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Strange thing to say when you are the only person to say this the whole time the forum has existed.
Also you only included 1 screenshot of some arrows saying they look stretched take a screenshot of the whole page with the elements you think are stretched.

I have no problems with the UI and i have tested it with 3 browsers, This is a screenshot using Chrome.

View attachment 4400
The screenshot you are sharing exhibits the exact same issues I'm talking about. The vertically squished YouTube thumbnail, and vertically squished thread navigation circles that aren't circles.

Notice the difference in the YouTube embed thumbnail before clicking it and after clicking it, when the video actually looks correct and fills the frame.

No one else has mentioned it because anyone who has noticed it just hasn't cared to speak up, doesn't mean it's not a thing.

Last edited: