Why have some Icon Era members self-requested to delete their accounts?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
As you can see on the headline, what’s the reason for members leaving voluntary the forum? I didn’t pay attention the last months and also haven’t visited the forum that much. What’s going on for the suddenly shift in negativity?

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
As you can see on the headline, what’s the reason for members leaving the voluntary the forum? I didn’t pay attention the last months and also haven’t visited the forum that much. What’s going to for the suddenly shift in negativity?
6 players out of 1219 accounts for this year and you regard that as a sudden shift of negativity?

Not only that but 2 of those accounts were also about to be banned, so basically, they jumped before being pushed.

As for the few that left, who knows? Maybe they got bored with the hobby, maybe real life suddenly became attractive, or maybe their Wives said, "FFS, no more PlayStation."

Anyway, I will break down some changes that have happened on the site.

We the mods are pushing the site in a more positive direction, for far too long we put up with a host of doomers and gloomers, that were making the site a negative experience for users.

We have created a Doomer and Gloomer thread here to consolidate all the usual dead horse flogging threads: https://icon-era.com/threads/the-doomers-and-gloomers-sony-is-dying-thread.13168/post-301903

We wish to move the site in a more positive direction, where players can actually discuss the games they enjoy the hobby they love.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
As you can see on the headline, what’s the reason for members leaving voluntary the forum? I didn’t pay attention the last months and also haven’t visited the forum that much. What’s going on for the suddenly shift in negativity?
One or two said they were spending too much time on here.

Then we had one or two that didn't like the tone of the place or felt things had become too negative or critical but we have taken some action there.

Then we had one or two (as @Sircaw ) said, that were about to get banned anyway.

Things are actually picking up again and we had a great week last week.

We also have a state of play and Astrobot soon, so things are definitely positive right now.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Have you guys ever thought of throttling specific members using a certain designation?

Maybe you can only post 3 times in a 24 hour period if your account has the designation? It might increase post quality and help those who spend too much time on the board.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Have you guys ever thought of throttling specific members using a certain designation?

Maybe you can only post 3 times in a 24 hour period if your account has the designation? It might increase post quality and help those who spend too much time on the board.
We do have some options but they are sometimes difficult to implement, especially with any timeliness.

As the person is often very sudden to realize they spend too much time online. Usually someone else is telling them that they are on top much, I assume.

But we are certainly open to helping anybody in any way we can.