Why is Mojang so Lazy with Minecraft Updates?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
360663744_1619931455196112_1113355332880494078_n.jpg

They take 9 months to add like one new type of wood or a bee to the game, and yet the fans seem to defend this for some weird reason?

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I mean if they added too much stuff it would cease being Minecraft. Honestly, it sort of has already ever since they fucked up the food mechanic a decade or more ago.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
They take 9 months to add like one new type of wood or a bee to the game, and yet the fans seem to defend this for some weird reason?
The "fans" must be paid. More importantly, it's important not to put too much pressure on your employees to perform, or as a customer to show gratitude that over 700 people pulled together for months so that the world of Minecraft has these pixel perfect assets available to you.

So be grateful that they came up with anything at all given the stressful circumstances of having to do at least some work, I bet they passed the model around and asked everyone to add a pixel to the texture (they were told which color to use).

Reactions: Box

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well, the same reason I get the urge to call out of work now that I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. Success can make people complacent

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean if they added too much stuff it would cease being Minecraft. Honestly, it sort of has already ever since they fucked up the food mechanic a decade or more ago.
What changed?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What changed?
They went from a standard system where foods replenished life (hearts) to a hunger one where you would replenish hearts over time if your hunger meter wasn't empty. Made the game easy mode and devalued some of the difficulty of spending huge amounts of time underground.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Mojang was always lazy,they hit lighting on a bottle with minecraft
That was one guy creating Minecraft, his company came around later. He took his MS buyout and left to go troll the libs and be a multimillionaire gadfly.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Pre-MS: 8 major updates in 2 years
Post-MS: 1 major update per year, they even split that shit into 2 parts, fucking pathetic.

Not to mention the Redmond team is even worse, their game is literally a broken unplayable mess.

I bought Minecraft on Switch for my son to play, along with a bunch of other games like 3 years ago.

He gives that back to me, cries about how his world is unplayble.

Minecraft got lucky that Pewdiepie played it, otherwise it would have been buried under sand rn.

Reactions: Box