Why is the PlayStation portal Still out of stock 2 months since release?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Seems impossible to get one when their in stock here in Australia.

I can't imagine how bad the stock situation is going to be for thr Ps5 Pro, I may not be able to buy one for a whole year

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
"Who is this thing even for?"

I can't wait for mine when it launches here in Feb

I used to stream ps5 games to my phone but it makes it really hot. I'm hoping the PS Portal doesn't get too hot.

Sometimes I just want to play games outside or somewhere that isn't my living room

Reactions: Jivesh1995
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The way Sony seem to self sabotage their hardware sometimes is just baffling. Other companies would kill for such demand.

This might just be a Japanese thing, I remember this happened with Nintendo and the Amiibo's.

There was such a huge demand for those but they would always be out of stock.

• they're_right_you_know

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Better off to do a rollout in pieces. The word of mouth is great and it's creating a demand more than Sony expected. If the were easily found from the start people would claim they are a failure and the demand wouldn't be there with the fickle market. You can't win.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This might just be a Japanese thing, I remember this happened with Nintendo and the Amiibo's.

There was such a huge demand for those but they would always be out of stock.

Oh yeah, you couldn't get them here on my country either.

I remember being annoyed that adult collectors would wait on launch day to buy all of them and kids wouldn't get any chance.

D

Deleted member 223

The way Sony seem to self sabotage their hardware sometimes is just baffling. Other companies would kill for such demand.
According to some on this forum there is no problem with their production pipeline, logistics, capacity, scalability or their internal demand projections and equations. The telltale of fools that have never run a business in their life....

How many hits in the face before the obvious feeling of pain starts flowing through their nerve cells? Who knows... but I count many.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
According to some on this forum there is no problem with their production pipeline, logistics, capacity, scalability or their internal demand projections and equations. The telltale of fools that have never run a business in their life....

How many hits in the face before the obvious feeling of pain starts flowing through their nerve cells? Who knows... but I count many.

Another good example is the PS5 Plates, it would be so easy to make new designs. There's definitely demand for it, especially for retro Ps1,2 and 3 designs yet we haven't had much at all.

The Jim Ryan Custom ps5 generated a lot of Buzz but Sony didn't even acknowledge it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They probably had no faith in it given how poor of a concept it is so they didn't manufacture many units.

PlayStation just doesn't seem to care about much these days outside of PC ports, TV adaptation and Bungie approved GaaS.

D

Deleted member 223

Another good example is the PS5 Plates, it would be so easy to make new designs. There's definitely demand for it, especially for retro Ps1,2 and 3 designs yet we haven't had much at all.

The Jim Ryan Custom ps5 generated a lot of Buzz but Sony didn't even acknowledge it.
Custom plates and merch business like collectible toys etc is something Sony has also fallen behind - part of the cultural aspect push around the brand that is lacking. How many companies out there would be willing to partner with Sony to get an initiative like that, serious and legit, off-the-ground? Tons.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Custom plates and merch business like collectible toys etc is something Sony has also fallen behind - part of the cultural aspect push around the brand that is lacking. How many companies out there would be willing to partner with Sony to get an initiative like that, serious and legit, off-the-ground? Tons.

And the merch and toys are so high margin.... Yet all we get are symbols lights and cheap t-shirts and the like.

They should have stuff everywhere.

When the Lego tall neck came out, I was there on release day at the toy shop.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Honestly surprised there hasn't been any more Sony lego deals yet, there's tons of potential besides juat Horizon zero dawn.

With toys, Astro has huge merchandise potential yet Sony has dome nothing to capitalise on this.

The leadership is just so out of touch

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yeah, I gave up looking for them. Wario64 posts restocks and if i'm even 1 minute late, they're gone. Not worth the stress, hopefully in February the stock issue is fixed. My cousin got one though and I'm jealous, I want one ASAP but not enough to camp sites for it

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I was lucky to snag one, but it's ridiculous especially after Eric Lampel claimed it would be a big part of their holiday push.

December was the perfect month to really capitalize on it. But the company right now seems to be some sort of disarray.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah, I gave up looking for them. Wario64 posts restocks and if i'm even 1 minute late, they're gone. Not worth the stress, hopefully in February the stock issue is fixed. My cousin got one though and I'm jealous, I want one ASAP but not enough to camp sites for it

My main concern is the ps5 pro, we all know scalpers are going to buy them all up