Why Sybo Games the creator of Subway Surfers would be a great mobile acquisition for PlayStation

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
The studio released its first mobile game in 2012 & as of 2024 it’s been downloaded more then 4 billion times on mobile devices making more then 1 billion dollars since the release. Subway Surfers is the biggest endless runner game on mobile. The studios has mainly focus supporting Subway Surfers with ongoing content.

Why should Sony acquire Sybo Games? The studio has shown to keep Subway Survers a staple mobile game for over a decade & it’s still very popular with the younger generation. Subway Surfers can be expanded & brought to PlayStation consoles. Sony can tie its ip to Subway Surfers as a platform to promote your ip to the mobile market. Kratos from GOW, Nathan Drake, Demon Slayer characters can all be cross promoted introducing mobile gamers to these ip while also monetizing & earning $.

Sybo games has great experience working on mobile games & can use some of PlayStation ip to make mobile games. For instance I thought of a Wipeout mobile game but completely rebooted that was more similar to Starfox.

3243545-wipeout%E2%84%A2%20omega%20collection_20170606102932.jpg

star-fox-nintendo-switch-1.jpg_976912859.jpg

Where instead of playing as solely a ship that you race you will now have heroes that ride different kinds spaceships that gives Wipeout more identity & character. Gameplay will stay similar to old Wipeout game but add additions to make the game more challenging & dynamic. These heroes would have different ships with different ability & playstyle.

Another game I thought would be interesting is a Match 3 Potopon game (this one is more comical but o think it could be a vibe, w the Potopon music) Yes a Match 3 Potopon game similar to Candy crush or Toon Blast (I’m surprised these games are so big they seem so basic & done many time)

p4upgbfn3bbmo7un57pn21vpd3hwpt1t.webp

match3-3.jpg

(Toon Blast a mobile games average 12 million daily active user & over 100 million downloads on mobile devices)

The Match 3 Potopon game will feature an endless mode a 1v1 against another online player & a 2v2 mode. The 1v1 & 2v2 pvp mode will split the screen in half showing you the other team (enemy) just like clash royal & in the middle you would have your Potopon army fight the enemy Potopon army & who ever matches faster & knocks your enemy health complete down you win (your Potopon army takes out there Potopon army) while playing it plays a bunch of Potopon music & you can monetize by selling years for its endless PVE mode like candy crush (thoe you can’t pay for hearts in PVP) & customizing Potopon Army, pets, background/boards etc.

Idk I think I cook with these concept

But Sony buying Sybo Games would be good imo & bolster PlayStation mobile side which they only have 1 studio they can get atleast 5-10 mobile studios creating new ip & using Sony ip to expand into mobile. Also these mobile game would release on Mobile & PlayStation simultaneously. Idk how much they would cost maybe 500 million to low 1 billion, not sure?

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They're the kings of mobile games, they'd be a great acquisition for anyone.

But I'd rather Sony stay away from mobile entirely, it does nothing for us console gamers. Who here actually plays mobile games?

Sony's most profitable game is Fate Grand Order which is a mobile game

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

But I'd rather Sony stay away from mobile entirely, it does nothing for us console gamers. Who here actually plays mobile games?
Don’t entirely agree Hoyverse makes mobile games & they release on PS. PS expanding to mobile & gaining mobile studios can result to more games for PS I would also guess that PS mobile games will release simultaneously with Mobile & PS

I play some mobile games, you’d be surprised how good some mobile games are. Some good mobile games I play are Clash of Clan & Brawl Stars from Supercell

Also mobile seems low risk, low budget for massive ip expansion potential, massive profit & massive growth/expansion In the gaming market.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony's most profitable game is Fate Grand Order which is a mobile game

Yeah and that has nothing to do with PlayStation, let's keep it that way.

Don’t entirely agree Hoyverse makes mobile games & they release on PS. PS expanding to mobile & gaining mobile studios can result to more games for PS I would also guess that PS mobile games will release simultaneously with Mobile & PS

I play some mobile games, you’d be surprised how good some mobile games are. Some good mobile games I play are Clash of Clan & Brawl Stars from Supercell

Also mobile seems low risk, low budget for massive ip expansion potential, massive profit & massive growth/expansion In the gaming market.
I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of money to be made there, but I'm worried the beancounters at Sony will abandon PS studios in favor of mobile game development. It's definitely something they'd do, significantly smaller teams for infinitely more profit. It's antithetical to the reason people became PS fans.

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of money to be made there, but I'm worried the beancounters at Sony will abandon PS studios in favor of mobile game development. It's definitely something they'd do, significantly smaller teams for infinitely more profit. It's antithetical to the reason people became PS fans.
You can say beancounters are already pushing PS in direction where I don’t agree & I rather see Sony push more mobile & make live service mobile games then push PC & release singleplayer games on PC.

Overall PlayStation needs a serious investment in gaining larger scale to produce more games like singleplayer games for PS console & live service across PS, PC & Mobile because rn PS is trying do all 3 but don’t have scale & the empty & dry lineup on PS console is very noticeable. Explore AA $50 games that take 3 years to make

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah and that has nothing to do with PlayStation, let's keep it that way.

Sony Mobile and Music are their own seperate divisions, Sony Music even releases games on Nintendo Switch

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is an all time low for this forum... begging for Sony to acquire subway surfers...

PlayStation is not about mobile games.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
This is an all time low for this forum... begging for Sony to acquire subway surfers...

PlayStation is not about mobile games.
Your right, there about PC & PC ports 😭

With this new leadership I rather see PlayStation go more mobile then PC with PC ports because there certainly not focus on PlayStation

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Your right, there about PC & PC ports 😭

With this new leadership I rather see PlayStation go more mobile then PC with PC ports because there certainly not focus on PlayStation
One mistake doesn't justify the others, we need more PlayStation 5 games.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
They're not going to acquire them even if it was a smart business decision.

Let's look at their Wiki page:
In June 2022, Miniclip agreed to buy SYBO in an undisclosed deal.[2]

Okay so they were acquired by Miniclip.
Who is Miniclip?
Miniclip SA, simply known as Miniclip, is a Swiss mobile game publisher and former browser game website that was first launched on 30 March 2001

Okay so another mobile publisher. Now... Let's see if Miniclip is independent?
In February 2015, Tencent acquired majority stakes of Miniclip.[7][1]

Oh....

Tencent:

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

I think the point is to acquire mobile studios and let them continue doing their work using Sony IPs.

Rather than PlayStation Studios doing it and affecting their Single Player output as we have seen with them trying to make GaaS games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer