Will 2024 be the combo breaker year of Zelda announcements for the past 25 Years?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
On May 11th, 1999 we got our first offical talks about The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask from Famitsu: https://www.ign.com/articles/1999/05/12/nintendo-sequel-rumblings
(Majora's Mask would also be at Nintendo Space World in 1999):
On May 11th, 2004 we got The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess reveal at E3
In 2009 we got the first look at The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword at E3:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/06/05/e3-2009-first-look-at-new-zelda

In 2014 we got the first look at The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild at E3:
In 2019 we got the first look at The Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom at E3:

Now will 2024 bring us any new Zelda reveal or be a combo breaker. Tears for the Kingdom is just a year and a month old and I don't think Nintendo would want to annouce a new one so quick since the Next mainline Zelda probably won't come out until 2028 at the soonest. Maybe to celebrate the 20 Year annviersary for Twilight Princess's reveal we get Twilight Princess remastered annouced for swith along with Wind Waker this month?
There were hints at a Zelda game with Zelda playable but do you think that will happen and if it does will it be revealed in 2024?
Do you think the possible leaks of a Zelda game where you play as Zelda are true and going to be revealed soon?

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
The Legend Of Zelda Link GIF by GIPHY Gaming

me waiting for anybody to reply

Reactions: Hatefield

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe one of the many refurbished ports or emulated ROMs to be announced may be a Zelda.

But if you ask for a new game, I think they won't announce a new mainline Zelda soon. I think regarding announcements they'll have a low profile until they announce the Switch 2, which I assume will be announced alongside Mario Kart 9, the new mailine 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4.

They also haven't released a big new Donkey Kong game for a while, so that could be another of their main games for Switch 2's first couple of years.

But well, being Nintendo they may resell full priced BotW an ToTK "4K remasters" (same game but applying DLSS to upscale and a few minor tweaks)

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Maybe one of the many refurbished ports or emulated ROMs to be announced may be a Zelda.

But if you ask for a new game, I think they won't announce a new mainline Zelda soon. I think regarding announcements they'll have a low profile until they announce the Switch 2, which I assume will be announced alongside Mario Kart 9, the new mailine 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4.
May a spinoff could be announced. Cadence of Hyrule was announced and released in 2019, The Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity was announced and released in 2020.
Maybe that supposed Playable Zelda game could be revealed this year for next year like how that Peach game was last year

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
May a spinoff could be announced. Cadence of Hyrule was announced and released in 2019, The Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity was announced and released in 2020.
Maybe that supposed Playable Zelda game could be revealed this year for next year like how that Peach game was last year
Well yes, a C tier game made by some random 2nd party studio, probably some indie one could be announced any day. I meant the main ones made by Nintendo, I don't see a mainline one being announced anywhere soon.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Well yes, a C tier game made by some random 2nd party studio, probably some indie one could be announced any day. I meant the main ones made by Nintendo, I don't see a mainline one being announced anywhere soon.
I wonder if a switch 2 reveal is this year if they would do something like the Wii U 2012 demo or the 2000 Space World GameCube Demo where it's just a tech demo and not a game? Just to give people an idea of what the next switch could do?

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wonder if a switch 2 reveal is this year if they would do something like the Wii U 2012 demo or the 2000 Space World GameCube Demo where it's just a tech demo and not a game? Just to give people an idea of what the next switch could do?
They could show some tech demo, but considering that nowadays there aren't presential events to publicly showcase this stuff I think it's more likely that they would use launch games as tech demos.

Plus maybe could also show some old title using that old tech to show the difference scaled and maybe with extra framerate, better lighting or something like that to showcase the difference between both systems.

But they need to be careful to don't repeat the Wii->WiiU troubled trransition, in their communication they must differentiate Switch 1 and 2 enough, in some way to make it clear enough for the casual audience gets that it's a different, next gen device and not just a Switch Pro.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It turns out the leaks of a zelda game where yoh play as zelda were correct and thanks to that 2024 is not a combo breaker year. Also Zelda echoes of wisdom is coming out on tbe 10 year anniversary of Hyrule Warriors on September 26th, 2024.

How would you guys rate each reveal
For me it goes:
1. Twilight princess e3 2004
2. Zelda wii u e3 2014
3. Zelda eow 2024
4. Skyward sword art reveal
The rest i didnt watch

Last edited:
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Pity post

I kid. I feel they have to do something when the movie comes out but we see only Sony doing something. Maybe a collection of the handheld zelda games?
In 2014 i finally beat phantom hourglass and made it all the way to the last boss of spirit tracks but couldnt beat that damn last flute part. So i gave up. I hate the ds era of nintendo. The gimmicks in mario and luigi bis and even the 3ds dream team were so fustrating and the flute gimmick in spirit tracks means i will never be able to beat that game. If they could port/remaster those games without those gimmicks that would be awesome. I still think the next mainline zelda might be ready to go when tje movie comes out. Bit if not they have twilight princess and wind waker hd ready to go

Hatefield

I am the law
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
In 2014 i finally beat phantom hourglass and made it all the way to the last boss of spirit tracks but couldnt beat that damn last flute part. So i gave up. I hate the ds era of nintendo. The gimmicks in mario and luigi bis and even the 3ds dream team were so fustrating and the flute gimmick in spirit tracks means i will never be able to beat that game. If they could port/remaster those games without those gimmicks that would be awesome. I still think the next mainline zelda might be ready to go when tje movie comes out. Bit if not they have twilight princess and wind waker hd ready to go
I doubt it sadly. They didn't do shit with the Mario movie. I feel they will do something little, maybe a new cartoon link game?