Will Astro Bot get DLC based on the PS5 Pro?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I was just thinking that with the imminent release of the PS5 Pro and how Astro Bot is already themed around rebuilding a PS5 spaceship... Could a dlc based on possibly upgrading to a PS5 Pro style spaceship be a potential dlc for the game?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I assume that Astro's Playroom may get a PS5 Pro, as they added after launch stuff like PSVR2, its controllers, the pro controller or the PS Player. It's free stuff blundled in the console, that also acts as an ad.

I thought that it would have been very cool to announce/show for the first time the PS5 Pro inside Astro Bot, but noticed that unlike the previous one isn't focused on listing all the PS device.

Yes, I'd release a DLC with another ship that would be the PS5 Pro and would feature new levels to play more with these many mechanics, which are very cool but many of them are only used very little, in just a few places.

At the same time I'd work in a full paid game sequel, a bit bigger than this one -but not much- to have it ready for the PS6 release late 2027/early 2028.

Reactions: Kokoloko

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Not sure, but apparently every game released after 9/15 will have Pro enhancements. Sad to see Space Marines 2 miss this window.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I was just thinking that with the imminent release of the PS5 Pro and how Astro Bot is already themed around rebuilding a PS5 spaceship... Could a dlc based on possibly upgrading to a PS5 Pro style spaceship be a potential dlc for the game?
That's possible... Just maybe not until some time in 2025! (y)

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Idk if it’s Astrobot but we will definitely get one piece of content lined up with the PS5 Pro release

• Shake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Id prefer if they put all there efforts on a bigger sequel and maybe also assist another studio on making JaknDaxter or Sly

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Not sure what they'd do. The game looks and plays perfect.

John Linneman said the game uses dynamic resolution scaling between 1440p and 4K, and the only time he saw it going below 60FPS was during one animation for a fraction of a second.

I guess if they do make a PS5 Pro version they'll be going for 120FPS.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Maybe Playroom will get an update but I don't see them touching the base game.

But then again, we also didn't see God of War Valhalla coming. Maybe they'll drop us an Xmas surprise free for everyone... But eh... Will probably still in be in Playroom lol.

• Shake