• No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Not even getting it with BC

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Some people says Nintendo next hybrid console will flop without backwards compatiblity. So anyone buying to the idea of no BC?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Would definitely make me lean way more towards no if Switch 2 doesn't have bc. If Switch 2 doesn't have bc with Switch 1 that's a big fucking L for Nintendo. No excuse for Switch 2 not to have bc with Switch 1.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I will get it but not day 1. Looking forward to the Switch 2 because I only have a Switch Lite and sometimes I wanna play on a tv but not enough to wanna buy another Switch.

24 Jun 2022
Literally zero reason it SHOULDN'T have BC. I'm ready to call them out on that anti-competitive BS if BC is missing.

Won't be fair for them to get a pass, when Sony got dragged for "limited" BC compared to Xbox just a few years ago. Keep that same energy.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Some people says Nintendo next hybrid console will flop without backwards compatiblity. So anyone buying to the idea of no BC?
Nah I wasted my money with switch. I have two here that only got a week's use. Nintendo ips just don't resonate with me anymore besides Mario abd even tht has lost its magic for me. Only thing that will change my mind is if they up their power level in hardware only because I love good, new tech. Switch wasn't the innovation many claimed I had a turbo express tht was doing most of what switch was doing years ago. I miss NEC in the gaming market.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If switch 2 has a similar architecture seems they will have much higher chances to offer BC. But part of Nintendo business model is offering new versions of barely older games with small tweaks at full price, specially when they are on dry periods of new software.

Moreover, I am not seeing the appeal on portability for these high end games. In the past Nintendo would put together specific games tailored to portables. Games that you could play in short bursts, with UIs designed for smaller screens and so on and so forth.

These days, third parties just put together butchered versions of what they released on home consoles and call it a day. Wouldn't even care about playing a game like Witcher 3 on a switch lite for instance.