Windows Central: "Based on our sources", the next Xbox generation is a traditional console and a handheld

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Instead, it seems Xbox is full-steam ahead with its next set of console hardware, which we tentatively believe based on our sources to include at least both a traditional-style successor to the Xbox Series X, and Microsoft's first real foray into Xbox handheld gaming with its own take on the Steam Deck.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
MS Had to counter the recent PS6 rumor. I’d say the Next Xbox console could be released at least two years before the PS6 to give itself a fighting chance, with a steep price cut as soon as the PS6 comes out. If so, PlayStation could be cornered on price.

Jobs was always right, MS will keep coming back (and they have no taste).

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Whoever doesn't tie themselves to a hybrid model will have the traditional console market, which I will remind you sells just as well as the hybrid market, all to themselves.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
These rumors are from earlier in the year and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that both Microsoft and Sony will have a traditional console and a portable handheld. For Microsoft, as I have said numerous times, Fall 2026, $800 for the console and $500 for the portable. Sony will be Fall 2028, slightly better tech and the same prices.

People better prepare themselves for higher priced consoles in the next two and four years respectively.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
These rumors are from earlier in the year and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that both Microsoft and Sony will have a traditional console and a portable handheld. For Microsoft, as I have said numerous times, Fall 2026, $800 for the console and $500 for the portable. Sony will be Fall 2028, slightly better tech and the same prices.

People better prepare themselves for higher priced consoles in the next two and four years respectively.
If they are releasing a mainstrean cheaper handheld, then the high end model should be very powerful $1k machine. I would buy it.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If they are releasing a mainstrean cheaper handheld, then the high end model should be very powerful $1k machine. I would buy it.

I don't think they'll go that high but I can easily see $800 because if the 2TB Xbox Series X is $600 and PS5 Pro is $700, then adding a brand new CPU, more RAM, better GPU can easily be $800. We'll see though. I'm all in with the next gen Xbox console and PS6 when the time comes. Higher spec at a higher cost is perfectly fine by me.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Oh, I hope it is. Can't wait to see yet another gen xbox getting beaten. And lol a handheld. Ist the rog ally already technically an xbox console?

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This is a Jez Gordon article, he's just saying that because he read about the PS6 rumor. And here we are playing into the enemies propaganda. "Wnindows Central" as if they are some prestigious website. That clown Jez Gordon made up a rumor for this article 🤣

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
What about the nearly 28 million series console users? Is xbox going to abandon them?

If they release a handheld and a proper home console that means there will be 4 sku's on the market at varying power levels, they struggle to sell with 2 how will they support 4?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Imma be real with you Microsoft, I'm not going to buy anymore Xbox consoles. I've got a 360 and that's enough.
Actually I'm thinking on this more and I'm generally more positive towards handheld devices; lets see if Microsoft can impress me (doubt)

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
MS Had to counter the recent PS6 rumor. I’d say the Next Xbox console could be released at least two years before the PS6 to give itself a fighting chance, with a steep price cut as soon as the PS6 comes out. If so, PlayStation could be cornered on price.

Jobs was always right, MS will keep coming back (and they have no taste).
Sony is following them, no taste at all, no respect for their products either... everything PC these days