Wo Long Fallen Dynasty has sold over 1 million units & has reached over 3.8 million players!

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'd be very interested to know the value of a player who got the game without paying vs a player who bought the game (DLC conversion rate, acquisition cost/revenue per user from the subscription service etc.) and the long term impact of giving away your game.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
Flop! Third game in the series and it sells less on more platforms? The first one was PS4 exclusive and it sold 1 million in 2 weeks. This one was available on PS4, Ps5, X1, Series and PC.

I blame the Xbox marketing. What the fuck were they thinking?

Yeah, Xbox marketing is terrible. This is what they get for accepting MSFT money. Hope they're satisfied with these "engagement" numbers. I wonder how many of these 2.8 million "players" actually made it past the first boss...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Flop! Third game in the series and it sells less on more platforms? The first one was PS4 exclusive and it sold 1 million in 2 weeks. This one was available on PS4, Ps5, X1, Series and PC.

The more Japanese developers get burn by making business, it will late have a better learning effect. Every Japanese publisher would still thinking about making deals with Xbox, deserve to understand the consequences. Japanese games never worked on Xbox consoles, not now nor when Microsoft
money-hatting aggressively in Xbox 360 era.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

This is a fair observation. Not a direct sequel but that’s doesn’t matter - same demographics and fanbase.

Shame it’s done worse than NioH. After Nioh and Sekiro’s excellent launch I’d thought this would have a good chance at beating Nioh. Guess not eh

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is a fair observation. Not a direct sequel but that’s doesn’t matter - same demographics and fanbase.

Shame it’s done worse than NioH. After Nioh and Sekiro’s excellent launch I’d thought this would have a good chance at beating Nioh. Guess not eh
Having played both nioh games and wo long, it wasn't as good as the previous games. Enemy variety and design as well as level design were lacking imo.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Oh, this was a gamepass release. Never even saw it chart.

That explains everything …. Great job costing tecmo actual revenue Phil.