Women gamers have some explaining to do... - "Love and Deepspace"

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It has become the second highest earning game globally, making 30 million last month and 42 this month.

You can only play as a female.

Basically the gaming version of an erotic romance novel?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
See this is nice, they made a new game instead of coming in ruining existing franchises. I hope the rainbow community leaves and flocks to these type of games

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It has become the second highest earning game globally, making 30 million last month and 42 this month.

You can only play as a female.

Basically the gaming version of an erotic romance novel?

They're basically the only game in town right now for husbando-loving women. They make soooo much money in china and asia region due to all the thirsty ladies. I think mihoyo games are still making more money including worldwide numbers and considering they have console ports.

• Cerny
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Not sure if the modern audience will like it.

no-nooo.gif

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Those characters look a lot like devil may cry ones. Capcom you know what to do. But now put Lady, Trish and the one that drives the van as playable characters as well.

It's been 5 years since the last DMC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
its always sunny in philadelphia mac GIF

They better have a Dad-bod option for those all those ladies out there that like that sort of thing....

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is the advantage of being the only player in town.

This is the same thing as The Sims 4 still being played quite a lot and raking in the DLC/MTX money.
You wouldn't know looking at the usual discourse, but them ladies are playing the shit out of it still, even after all those years.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Funny how no one cares about how these men are sexualised but women being sexualised in 2024 is enough reason to get you canceled into oblivion, thank god for Black Myth and Stellar Blade devs

Reactions: Diah and Bo_Hazem

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
The otome games genre has always been a staple of the gaming industry. Women are an extremely reliable consumer base, and often show up for games which speak to them.

While it doesn't seem that this game contains any yaoi, the subset of women (fujoshi) who prefer that pairing are even more reliable than normal consumers.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Make a game with scantily clad musclebound hunks and nobody bats an eye. Make a game with a voluptuous woman wearing skintight clothing and everyone loses their minds
It just depends on the context, and target audience. This game is very obviously marketing itself as an erotic game, so it's to be expected that the focus is on eroticism.

Some people, not myself personally, take ire when they observe erotic content in major game releases, which they feel is unavoidable. I.E. If you released a Zelda game, which targets a more general fanbase, but then upped the eroticism on Zelda like 300%.

It's like how nobody's coming after the Monmusu Quest folks for making a JRPG with too much monster hentai in it, but if Square Enix did it in FFXVII people might be a bit displeased. (I'd be very much onboard though.)