Would you move to cloud gaming from a console experience?

Would you move to cloud gaming instead of console?

• Yes, I would use cloud gaming primarily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I prefer console and would not move

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
do I get a flying nimbus when gaming on cloud?

Good Morning Sport GIF by BigBrains

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Zzero

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Fuck no.

I always thought GP's one saving grace was the downloadability of the titles from its catalouge, as opposed to streaming-only.

• Shake
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Zzero

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No, its the reason I havent jumped on PS Portal. One I was away when it launched, 2 I would mostly play my PS when on the train or plain and I need offline play for that

Reactions: Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cloud is not an option for local console gaming at all imo.
It has it own applications and use but it is not a substitute of local hardware.

Said that I could use it in business travel for example which I need to go for weeks... so at night at hotel it could be an option to pass time every day but even so I should prefer a Switch like portable for that (that have even more advantages like play games traveling inside the bus or air plane).

PS. I used to play Destny via remote play during business travel at night in the hotel.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No interest in cloud gaming at all right now.

GeForce NOW seems like the only decent one with a good business model but publishers get in the way and they would still need to massively scale their server infrastructure so that every State/Country would have servers close by (right now they sell the service in Brazil but host it on Uruguay for example).

We seem to already have the tech for very good cloud gaming experience but the audience never shows up and it would need massive scale for it to work well.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Cloud gaming = lower picture quality, input lag, and being tied to the internet
I want to own my games and be able to play them offline whenever I want and I don't want companies to be able to take them away. Cloud gaming cannot offer this. Additionally, the internet infrastructure in the US does not lend itself well to game streaming.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The moment games will be cloud or always online or subscription or digital only, will be the time for me to go full retro.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No, it should never be the main way to game. I don't mind cloud gaming existing though and I would use it but only as a side option on rare occasions. I played a 2 hour trial of Assassins Creed Valhalla for free on Stadia and it worked great. And it convinced me to buy the game without downloading or going through a refund process.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd continue with the existing model:
-Mainly playing locally in the console
-Having the cloud as something secondary to maybe test new games without having to download them if I have the SSD too full, to play outside when I'm on a business trip or vacations in a laptop or a PC handheld/PS Player

I have a great internet connection at home, I play wired and with a good and properly router, plus I may have some PS cloud gaming datacenter pretty close to my house because the cloud gaming experience is already great, but not perfect.

I assume it will continue improving at some point it will be perfect even with wireless connections so even with a phone might be good enough (maybe with 5G/6G?). But even if it's the case I prefer to don't depend on a subscription and buy the games I like instead, one of the reasons because it's cheaper. Games in GPU/PS+ Premium aren't "free": it's around $200/year and in the decade that a console lasts with that money you can buy a console and many games. And well, I prefer to have the games physical because it allows me to sell (or buy) them later if I want.