Wuthering Waves has reportedly made over $110 million within first month of global release

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
2ee61-17183495762227-1920.jpg

Reports from a Chinese game industry research website, GameLook, claim Wuthering Waves has made over 800 million Yuan, roughly 110 million USD, within a month after its global release. While the title faced many in-game issues in the opening week, that didn't stop it from expanding its market and making massive profits.

The open-world action RPG from Kuro Games has also secured the number one spot for downloads on Top Charts in 100 regions. It recorded over 30 million downloads worldwide in the opening three weeks of launch.

Source

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Figured this game would've made more then that considering the buzz around it. Guess it hasn't dethroned Genshin. That generated 245 million in its first month.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Figured this game would've made more then that considering the buzz around it. Guess it hasn't dethroned Genshin. That generated 245 million in its first month.
no, and it was never going to. Wuwa has a lot of weaknesses as a game due to it being a new release and Genshin has had almost 4 years to iron theirs out. Genshin and Hoyo is being institutionalized in gacha like Fortnite is in BR shooters.

Reactions: reziel

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It's really nice to see games dedicated to the largest gaming demographic being successful. Every game dev should change their pipelines to release these kind of games.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Yeah this game was never going to overtake Genshin. I think people desperately wanted it to but it’s just not fair on WuWa even though I understand why they’re being pitted against it each other. I’m glad for Kuro. Saying they had a rough start is an understatement 😂

As for me personally, I fell off this game hard. Gameplay is incredible but I find the characters and story so incredibly dull, like it’s painful. HSR might’ve spoiled me but even then I think this game is well below a lot of gacha stories.