WWE 2K24 Review Thread & |OT|

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
WWE 2K24 is an upcoming professional wrestling sports video game in development by Visual Concepts and to be published by 2K. It will mark the tenth installment under the WWE 2K name and the twenty-fourth entry in the series overall based on WWE and is the successor to WWE 2K23.

Trailers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1709556750730.png

1709556859413.png

Brodie Gibbons
Brodie Gibbons
Press Start
Top Critic
8.5 / 10.0
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 is such a full, feature-complete wrestling game that it makes me thankful for the franchise capitulation from a few years ago. Without it, the digital squared circle likely wouldn't be what it is today, it certainly wouldn't have benefited from the three years of care, respect, and foundation we enjoy today. Instead, it'd remain a story unfinished.
Read full review

TechRaptor
Samiee Tee
TechRaptor
Top Critic
6 / 10.0
Mar 4, 2024
Another installment of a satisfying yearly franchise fails to be beset by fatigue, but instead, the greed that tries to make everything else suffer alongside it.
Read full review

Pure Xbox
Fraser Gilbert
Pure Xbox
Top Critic
8 / 10
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 is undoubtedly one of the best wrestling games in Xbox history, but it's also a game that prioritises incremental upgrades over any kind of major overhauls, so casual fans may struggle to justify a full-price purchase. As dedicated wrestling "marks" though, we think the new MyRise stories, superb improvements to MyGM, nostalgia-driven Showcase mode, additional match types and various gameplay adjustments are all worth the price of admission.
Read full review

PSX Brasil
Thiago de Alencar Moura
PSX Brasil
Top Critic
85 / 100
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 is better than its predecessor, bringing new types of fights, adjustments to game modes and new features that enrich the gameplay of the series, as well as a Showcase that sets a very high standard of quality to be followed by future games in the series.
Review in Portuguese | Read full review

Jim Smale
Jim Smale
Gert Lush Gaming

7.8 / 10.0
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 offers a comprehensive and immersive wrestling experience with many modes for every kind of player, The Wrestlemania mode sticks out as one of the best in the game.
Read full review

Jesse Norris
Jesse Norris
XboxEra

8.5 / 10.0
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 is the best wrestling game that Visual Concepts has made by far. They have a complete package, with a massive roster, and a clear vision. If you’ve held off on upgrading at launch the last few years I think this is the time to jump in.
Read full review

WellPlayed
Adam Ryan
WellPlayed
Top Critic
9 / 10.0
Mar 4, 2024
Riding the momentum of the past two entries, 2K24 brings with it enough new content and meaningful changes to easily be considered the best wrestling game on the market today.
Read full review
Samuel Incze
Samuel Incze
The Beta Network

8 / 10
Mar 4, 2024
WWE 2K24 continues to improve on the 2K series wrestling formula whilst offering a host of new features for players to enjoy. This year’s MyRise storylines are the best ones yet, and the showcase mode is great fun! Unfortunately, Universe mode and GM Mode still seem to be underserved with 2K focusing on MyFaction instead.
Read full review
Hey Poor Player
Jonathan Trussler
Hey Poor Player

4 / 5.0
Mar 4, 2024
WWE2K24 is a worthy addition to this long-running sports entertainment franchise. The developers have done a good job of listening to player’s woes and tweaking the formula to make something not revolutionary, but meticulously refined. There’s a vast amount of single-player grappling goodness here to enjoy, and that’s even before you get to the online modes and the inevitably bountiful community creations to come. WWE2K24 doesn’t quite finish the story but still adds a few enjoyable new chapters.
Read full review

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Reversal - press triangle - reverse strike or grapple startup attempts, some moves have mid-move reversals available.

Dodge - press away from opponent and r1 together - protects strikes.
Heavy dodge punch, CW's roll out way.

Block - hold tri - "synch-up animation" - protects light attacks, not grapples

Breaker - after grab/during strike combos - press same button as attacker to attack back.

That's way too many reversal systems!
We used to have one shoulder button to reverse strikes, and one to reverse grapples. Then again 2k have futz'd what a strike and grapple button on the controller is with their combo/ender system in-game, so just unify it all to one reversal button and make them all timing-based.

Ladders also piss me off, didn't it used to be the same button to pickup/drop, and with a direction whilst holding to open it up? Simple. Last time I checked it was two seperate shoulder buttons to interact with it, like pickup is a different one to open it up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reversal - press triangle - reverse strike or grapple startup attempts, some moves have mid-move reversals available.

Dodge - press away from opponent and r1 together - protects strikes.
Heavy dodge punch, CW's roll out way.

Block - hold tri - "synch-up animation" - protects light attacks, not grapples

Breaker - after grab/during strike combos - press same button as attacker to attack back.

That's way too many reversal systems!
We used to have one shoulder button to reverse strikes, and one to reverse grapples. Then again 2k have futz'd what a strike and grapple button on the controller is with their combo/ender system in-game, so just unify it all to one reversal button and make them all timing-based.

Ladders also piss me off, didn't it used to be the same button to pickup/drop, and with a direction whilst holding to open it up? Simple. Last time I checked it was two seperate shoulder buttons to interact with it, like pickup is a different one to open it up.
Dk you like it? Graphically how dies it look?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
If you want that book of War and Peace, it's gonna be a creator/freedom slanted review/suggested fixes list. I doubt I'm enough of a WWE fan itself to fully rate these games as they are. I just wish they'd address their delivery method and focus to make it a lot better lol.