Xbox Connection Power supply issue how to fix it?

Rajajoseph

11 Jun 2024
Hi Game lovers ,

I Have a xbox one console which is from USA, I brought it to india , I try to switch on the plug after connection tv with xbox console , A spark occur in the plug holder and the power shutdown in my house only, (power trip ), Again I try by power extension cable again the same fault occur. Can anyone please guide me, how to fix this issues

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Can you try a different outlet (plug holder)? Or maybe a power bar instead of the extension cable? Otherwise, it might be a good idea to contact Xbox through their chat or by phone.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I'm no plug expert but I googled it and don't even know how you fit the plug in given what I googled. That said, US plugs use 120V (60Hz) while India (and everywhere else) uses 230 (50). A US Xbox will need a step down converter to run out of an Indian outlet.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If its a series x/s those might be able to be used universally with 110-120v in US and 220-240v in EU or India, but if it's older model with external power brick, those might not universal and would work only with US 110-120v.

But i think you can check this from the power brick or back of the console.

Reactions: Jim Ryan
OP
OP
Rajajoseph

Rajajoseph

11 Jun 2024
If its a series x/s those might be able to be used universally with 110-120v in US and 220-240v in EU or India, but if it's older model with external power brick, those might not universal and would work only with US 110-120v.

But i think you can check this from the power brick or back of the console.
i have Xbox One old model

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hi Game lovers ,

I Have a xbox one console which is from USA, I brought it to india , I try to switch on the plug after connection tv with xbox console , A spark occur in the plug holder and the power shutdown in my house only, (power trip ), Again I try by power extension cable again the same fault occur. Can anyone please guide me, how to fix this issues
I hope you find a solution to your problem + I hope you are enjoying the cricket,

Grats on beating Pakistan.

Reactions: Zzero