Xbox currently has a mystery sequel in development that could take as long as a decade to make, it's been revealed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
xboxseriesx-1024x613.jpg

Xbox currently has a mystery sequel in development that could take as long as a decade to make, it’s been revealed.

As spotted by Axios’ Stephen Totilo, the game was mentioned in court documents relating to an ongoing legal challenge in which a group of self-indentified gamers are trying to block Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

At one point the document explains that triple-A games can take a long time to make, using Halo Infinite as an example (though the length and cost of development is redacted).

It then says: “For instance, according to one Microsoft executive, [redacated], a forthcoming title from the [redacted] franchise, may take a decade to develop.”

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom
D

Deleted member 417

I think this game doesn't exist and will never exist. Its just a 'Trust me, Bro' from Microsoft to the regulators.

"Games take years to make, like erm...err..Halo Infinite...and erm...err...this new secret game we have in development, yeah it will take...erm...a decade to develop, yeah, yeah, and erm, oh it is going to cost a lot of money. I can't tell you how much, all top secret and what not, but trust us, this game, whoo, it's going to be big....in erm...10 years, yeah."

Reactions: KnittedKnight

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm wondering if -in case it really exists- it's Perfect Dark, Gears 6, ESVI or Fable.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What is another 10 years of waiting for the Xbox community? Just trust that Phil is going to deliver, he spent the last 15 years just setting the table for Xbox to dominate.

P

peter42O

No biggie. The Elder Scrolls VI is probably the decade long game which is a given since Starfield is first and will most likely have expansions.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417