Xbox fans giving up on Xbox

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Was about to post but I haven't watched yet... I saw some of the tweets though as I was scrolling Twitter.

I wonder what % are actually going to do something.

The thing is disappointment doesn't creat energy to motivate change...but anger does. So people need to get to a place of anger usually to change at all.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Was about to post but I haven't watched yet... I saw some of the tweets though as I was scrolling Twitter.

The thing is disappointment doesn't creat energy to motivate change...but anger does. So people need to get to a place of anger usually to change at all.
The smart ones are already angry, now they just need to act on it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Nah, they'll just wait until next year, 2024 is going to be the best year in the history of Xbox. Phil will just say whatever they want to hear and buy Xbox another few years to disappoint them.

The smart ones are already angry, now they just need to act on it.
The smart ones have jumped ship long ago, the entire Xbox One gen was just hopelessly awful and this gen has been even worse for them. The hardcore Xbox fanboys at this point are just console players that hate PlayStation for some reason and that aren't open to play on PC, they don't have anywhere to run to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I really don't get how Microsoft can be so utterly shit at all this, its constantly fail after fail after fail.

P

peter42O

I didn't watch the video but I agree 100% with everything that Klobrille said.

• they're_right_you_know

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Microsoft marketing of Xbox is a combination of catering to a toxic subset of their fanbase, gloating, posturing and focusing on hardware power.

If fans truly are abandoning the product, MS have nobody to blame but themselves.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don't see the need for Xbox in the console space....

They're only selling to about 20-30 million people who are Xbox loyalists / enthusiasts.

If I was Microsoft, I'd leave consoles to Sony and either buy Steam or build a better PC store along with offering cloud and Gamepass everywhere they can.

Sony wouldn't pick up that many customers from this move as many would already have a PS console and others would be too loyal to Xbox anyway.
Most would move to PC or cloud on other devices and Microsoft could sell all their games on PS5 without the console wars and expense of constantly fighting a losing battle.

Would all be positive PR.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't see the need for Xbox in the console space....

They're only selling to about 20-30 million people who are Xbox loyalists / enthusiasts.

If I was Microsoft, I'd leave consoles to Sony and either buy Steam or build a better PC store along with offering cloud and Gamepass everywhere they can.

Sony wouldn't pick up that many customers from this move as many would already have a PS console and others would be too loyal to Xbox anyway.
Most would move to PC or cloud on other devices and Microsoft could sell all their games on PS5 without the console wars and expense of constantly fighting a losing battle.

Would all be positive PR.
MS buying Valve would be the saddest day in gaming history, that should never be an option and I would never touch PC gaming again.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Dont beleive it for a second guys. Its all performative outrage. Remember they were mad at Phil after the no show at the game awards? Then 3 months later their little conference and hifi rush they were back in the good graces again. These people, or AI bots, or whatever they ARE NOT GAMERS!!! They are just xbox viral marketers.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft marketing of Xbox is a combination of catering to a toxic subset of their fanbase, gloating, posturing and focusing on hardware power.

If fans truly are abandoning the product, MS have nobody to blame but themselves.
Did you just implied that they are allowed now to buy EA and T2? 😂

• Surprised
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Dont beleive it for a second guys. Its all performative outrage. Remember they were mad at Phil after the no show at the game awards? Then 3 months later their little conference and hifi rush they were back in the good graces again. These people, or AI bots, or whatever they ARE NOT GAMERS!!! They are just xbox viral marketers.
You forgot High on Life turd, they sucked m$ off for it

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Hard not to, when you sell less and less games, when gamepass is stagnating on it.
It useless piece of plastic.
I think the shareholders are going to be out for blood with the losses XBox has generated. The return on investment for Zenimax can’t possibly be anywhere near enough for that purchase to have been worth it.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think the shareholders are going to be out for blood with the losses XBox has generated. The return on investment for Zenimax can’t possibly be anywhere near enough for that purchase to have been worth it.

It's all obfuscated.... they hardly release any info on gaming. The shareholders seem to be fine as long as the rest of MSFT is hauling in cash.

That is a huge problem with the situation of them entering smaller industries and just unbalancing everything.

I do hope their shareholders start speaking out and asking questions though.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's all obfuscated.... they hardly release any info on gaming. The shareholders seem to be fine as long as the rest of MSFT is hauling in cash.

That is a huge problem with the situation of them entering smaller industries and just unbalancing everything.

I do hope their shareholders start speaking out and asking questions though.
That’s the thing, the numbers are out there now and people know. MS made them available in the Epic case and they got leaked, they were even referred to by MS in the EU hearings, apparently.

• brain