Xbox Game Pass Standard Tier Doesn't Include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Starfield, Diablo 4, and More

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

A total of 41 games are now available only through Game Pass Ultimate for new subscribers, including the aforementioned Modern Warfare 3, Starfield, and Diablo 4 but also Forza Motorsport, MLB: The Show 24, Octopath Traveler 2, Payday 3, Age of Mythology: Retold, and more. The full list is available below, courtesy of ResetEra user vixolus who collated the list.

Players subcscribing to Game Pass Standard therefore have access to 370 games instead of 508, according to the Xbox website. The remaining 96 titles belong to the EA Play library, which is not included in Xbox Game Pass Standard. Players looking to access this additional library of heavy hitters will need to pay $19.99 a month for Ultimate instead of $14.99 a month for Standard.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The way Microsoft handled gamepass was so wrong. Should have been this from the start or a souped up games with gold.

At that price humble monthly on PC look like better value. At least you keep your games.

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
in my view Microsoft will ditch Day One from the Ultimate tier if GamePass doesn't grow substantially in the next 5 years, the service is completely stagnated despite being on everything, from firestick, to phones, to smart tvs, to pcs, once again, Sony's strategy of releasing games for sale first, then subscription has been proven correct.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
in my view Microsoft will ditch Day One from the Ultimate tier if GamePass doesn't grow substantially in the next 5 years, the service is completely stagnated despite being on everything, from firestick, to phones, to smart tvs, to pcs, once again, Sony's strategy of releasing games for sale first, then subscription has been proven correct.
With their track record of barely releasing any games this gen, plus the exorbitant price of GP ultimate, I really don't see how they expect to have any growth.

11 Jul 2024
The leads at Xbox are braindead fucking stupid. They keep trying to advertise gaming TO NON FUCKING GAMERS in hopes of attracting billions.
Sony's advertising on the other hand: Goes to different regions where people are ALREADY GAMING, invest in their publishers and developers to bring over games to PS. That's why you got gamers in Korea and China buying PS5s in droves.
This won't work for Xbox tho, cause nothing they do is interesting besides their PS+ knockoff strategy which is 95% just 3rd party games you can buy anyway on every other platform.

• fire
Reactions: Landiri

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
The leads at Xbox are braindead fucking stupid. They keep trying to advertise gaming TO NON FUCKING GAMERS in hopes of attracting billions.
I saw a Gamepass Offer in the recent Windows Installation Setup.
They advertise this to hundreds of Millions of Computers, yet can't really get anywhere...
The only reason Gamepass gained any popularity was because it is "Cheap"!

Take that "Cheapness" away, and it dies.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Sony's strategy of releasing games for sale first, then subscription has been proven correct.

Agreed but this only applies to Sony, not to Microsoft because anyone can go back and check the sales of Microsoft's games on Xbox 360 long before Game Pass even existed and outside of Halo 3 and one Gears of War game, Microsoft didn't have any game sell 10m+.

For Microsoft, Game Pass was and still is the better decision.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
For Microsoft, Game Pass was and still is the better decision.
If you have the choice between eating dirt and feces or dying, eating dirt and feces is better i guess.

The downside is that you eat dirt and feces and most likely die to an infection.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If you have the choice between eating dirt and feces or dying, eating dirt and feces is better i guess.

The downside is that you eat dirt and feces and most likely die to an infection.

Microsoft is a $3T dollar company, they will be just fine. lol

As for gaming division, it's not going anywhere and if anything, the sales that so many here bitch about will happen on PlayStation (and to a lesser extent, Nintendo) which is why they're porting their games everywhere. So again, Microsoft and the gaming division will be just fine.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
That must be why they layed off over 12k people since the ABK purchase, and also have no money for marketing...

Microsoft laid off people because Kotick hired about 10,000 people during Covid and Microsoft wants to make more money and eventually become a $4T dollar company. How do you think they get there? By any means necessary. Marketing their consoles or even Game Pass (outside of PC) isn't going to much if anything so that would be a waste of money which at this point, Microsoft isn't going to do.