Xbox is coming to Gamescom 2024, lineup confirmed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Just a few you can expect to see: Age of Mythology: Retold, Avowed, Ara: History Untold, Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred, Diablo Immortal, The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, Towerborne & World of Warcraft: The War Within. More to come!​

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The lineup makes sense for Gamescom.
EU event, and you arrive with Strategy games and other PC centric titles. Yeah that's the audience for it.

• they're_right_you_know

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Crazy how the market leader doesn’t even try to do in person events anymore. This shit is honestly not cool.
Didn’t PS have a event for everything PS/Sony related called PS experience?

They should have a event for PS it’s a shame because Nintendo continue to build its hardcore fan up with things like the Nintendo store in New York that created crazy reaction to Nintendo stream/events

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Didn’t PS have a event for everything PS/Sony related called PS experience?

They should have a event for PS it’s a shame because Nintendo continue to build its hardcore fan up with things like the Nintendo store in New York that created crazy reaction to Nintendo stream/events

Yes they did. It was cancelled in 2018

They need to bring these types of events back. So many games were revealed there like TLOU2 and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

In person shows are huge marketing opportunities and Sony just decides it’s ok to not do them anymore. I don’t get it.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

They need to bring these types of events back. So many games were revealed there like TLOU2 and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

In person shows are huge marketing opportunities and Sony just decides it’s ok to not do them anymore. I don’t get it.

Their fans crave these experiences, it's expected and it's been a huge disappointment. Especially when you see they have so many events for their employees.

There seems to be this phenomenon across a multitude of companies to not listen to your customers and almost do the opposite and antagonize them in ways...I don't get it.

Reactions: On Demand

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Their fans crave these experiences, it's expected and it's been a huge disappointment. Especially when you see they have so many events for their employees.

There seems to be this phenomenon across a multitude of companies to not listen to your customers and almost do the opposite and antagonize them in ways...I don't get it.
Nothing beats everyone with there cameras up freaking out at a PS studios game & it gets reposted on YouTube & twitter.

GOW2018 live reaction, SMPS4 live reaction, FF7 remake live reaction even the whole PS4 launch no drm live reactions where you iconic

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

The average game news follower can't even tell the difference. With non-"core" gamers it matters even less.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
The average game news follower can't even tell the difference. With non-"core" gamers it matters even less.

Everybody watched those live shows. It wasn’t just the hardcore gaming fans. Casuals tuned in and attended Sony’s E3 and PSX conferences.

Of course it’s noticeable now that there’s none anymore. You don’t have all those amazing shows then stop doing them and have your fans not care or notice a difference. It’s why since then the majority of Sony’s Stay of Play’s, and even so called showcases, have gotten negative sentiments.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Everybody watched those live shows. It wasn’t just the hardcore gaming fans. Casuals tuned in and attended Sony’s E3 and PSX conferences.

Of course it’s noticeable now that there’s none anymore. You don’t have all those amazing shows then stop doing them and have your fans not care or notice a difference. It’s why since then the majority of Sony’s Stay of Play’s, and even so called showcases, have gotten negative sentiments.
They got negative sentiments because they didn't show any games. Nintendo's Switch era June directs have, on the whole, beaten their Wii era conferences because they have more games to show in them.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
They got negative sentiments because they didn't show any games. Nintendo's Switch era June directs have, on the whole, beaten their Wii era conferences because they have more games to show in them.

They don’t show the games they want to see and because it lacks the excitement of in person live shows.

None of Nintendo’s directs are better than their E3 conferences. They can’t be. Even Sony’s bad conferences were still better than any State of Play. YouTube trailers are just that…..trailers. It can’t compare with being at the show and in some cases playing demos of games on the show floor. These things add up.

YouTube is not a replacement for any in person event.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I'm confused if this show is for Windows Mobile or Xbox.
With that list they've announced they may as well not have bothered showing up.

• haha

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They don’t show the games they want to see and because it lacks the excitement of in person live shows.

None of Nintendo’s directs are better than their E3 conferences. They can’t be. Even Sony’s bad conferences were still better than any State of Play. YouTube trailers are just that…..trailers. It can’t compare with being at the show and in some cases playing demos of games on the show floor. These things add up.

YouTube is not a replacement for any in person event.
I'd take a direct like this last one over Ravi drumfest any day of the week. I am here for games, not a kitchy PR stageshow.