Xbox is reportedly asking for loaned consoles back from Brazilian websites after they criticized the Series S price increase

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
xbox-series.jpg

It appears that Microsoft is asking for the Xbox Series consoles back from the Brazilian websites to which they lent them, shortly after informing that the Xbox Series S would have the suggested price increased in Brazil from $530 from $730

The first to speak out about this was journalist and photographer Nelson Alves Jr., who has already worked with the Xbox in the country, saying that Microsoft is “retaliating against the websites and content creators that dared to question the abusive increase in S...taking it back consoles loaned to newsrooms.”

65lPq3s.jpg

- In case you didn't know, companies usually provide their products to some of the press to help them with journalistic coverage. In the case of consoles, this is a loan for an indefinite period, but which the owner of the devices can cancel at any time.

Other websites/content creators report the same situation - that Xbox is ceasing the contracts and asking for the consoles back:

oeRMd7y.jpg

source

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don’t know what @ethomaz thinks, but I’m seriously under the impression Xbox (not MS) will leave Brazil.
This raise makes no sense. Brazil is Xbox third largest market. Behind US and UK only.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don’t know what @ethomaz thinks, but I’m seriously under the impression Xbox (not MS) will leave Brazil.
This raise makes no sense. Brazil is Xbox third largest market. Behind US and UK only.
I don’t think they are leaving…

But they are not doing more manufacturing in Brasil…. they are closing the Xbox fabs used to print games here like they closed the fab used to produce Xbox One (Series was never produced here).

They will now focus in importing Xbox hardware, games and accessories.

Probably they will shrink with that… just a small team to deal with the importing procedures. Digital Xbox BR store is after all already managed by Xbox HQ in US.

Rumors about Xbox leaving Brasil exists since early this year but I still think they will have a small team here.