Xbox Live Gold conversion to Game Pass Ultimate Conversion has been changed from 1 month for 1 month to 3 months for 2 months

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Now for 3 years of Gold, you will get 2 years equivalent of GPU.

7rz7u07g6eab1.png

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I bought one account slot for my PC for like a buck 2 years ago, never get pull for some reasons :unsure: .

Would probably never spend on the whole conversion bs since it's fomo service, like paying upfront for a service you don't know what you getting, most games already offered are on my Steam account

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The price is also going up tomorrow. It will never reach 30 millions at this point.
Hide numbers and use the new figures for those locked in long term to give an artificial bump. They are doing everything to diddle the numbers to give the impression Gamepass is growing. It has fucking plateaued. The publisher purchases are to confuse by giving growth when it's obviously the new publisher revenue now added.

24 Jun 2022
They gotta do it to increase the ARPU. Also expecting the $1 conversion trick will be eliminated around the holidays (too soon to do it right now, they gotta ease people into it).

Wonder how that ResetERA thread on the VPN exploits and stacking tricks is holding out. They must be panicking. Also they will probably reduce Reward points redeem values towards Game Pass or put a cap on how many can go towards Game Pass each month (and probably pair redemption of points to digital coupons/codes that are set to expire after a certain period).

It's just business, but it's funny to see all the evangelists who were so gung-ho propping up Xbox/MS as "pro-consumer angel" to "evil demonic anti-consumer Sony/PS" basically get slapped across the face multiple times in the span of only a few weeks, between these increases and the truth that came out of the FTC hearing.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Pro-Consumer. no wonder they increasing prices and doing all of these, just look at Gamepass offerings.. ground breaking...

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
They gotta do it to increase the ARPU. Also expecting the $1 conversion trick will be eliminated around the holidays (too soon to do it right now, they gotta ease people into it).

Wonder how that ResetERA thread on the VPN exploits and stacking tricks is holding out. They must be panicking. Also they will probably reduce Reward points redeem values towards Game Pass or put a cap on how many can go towards Game Pass each month (and probably pair redemption of points to digital coupons/codes that are set to expire after a certain period).

It's just business, but it's funny to see all the evangelists who were so gung-ho propping up Xbox/MS as "pro-consumer angel" to "evil demonic anti-consumer Sony/PS" basically get slapped across the face multiple times in the span of only a few weeks, between these increases and the truth that came out of the FTC hearing.
I still don't understand how GP makes profits.

Assuming MS paid Atlus like 80-100M to bring Persona to Xbox, they paid Fishmund 20M for day on Atomic Hearts, bla bla. Calculating all those deals and it's somewhere around 1-2B a year. Plus infrastructure costs. Easily more than 3B FY compared to 2.6B of revenue that reported in 2021.

My calculation is that they must take 2-3B loss for Game Pass alone.

Reactions: Box

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I still don't understand how GP makes profits.

Assuming MS paid Atlus like 80-100M to bring Persona to Xbox, they paid Fishmund 20M for day on Atomic Hearts, bla bla. Calculating all those deals and it's somewhere around 1-2B a year. Plus infrastructure costs. Easily more than 3B FY compared to 2.6B of revenue that reported in 2021.

My calculation is that they must take 2-3B loss for Game Pass alone.
don't forget thousands of first party studios developers. that cost 100s of millions to feed too.

Reactions: Box

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
don't forget thousands of first party studios developers. that cost 100s of millions to feed too.
I doubt that's added to Game Pass accounting sheets same with some of the games like persona which they could label as content acquisition

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I doubt that's added to Game Pass accounting sheets same with some of the games like persona which they could label as content acquisition
their games on gamepass day 1 or day 100, that is still cost. you still put content on gamepass. of course, m$ scammers, won't put it there, but in reality, they should.