Xbox Series S Suffers from VRAM Limitations, Just Like 8GB GPUS

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
090123.jpg

It looks like the Xbox Series S is facing serious memory allocation issues in Borderlands 3, at least according to Reddit user u/jokekiller94 — who posted a screenshot of the game crashing on their Series S console with an "out of memory" error on the screen.

The issue isn't limited to the original poster — Reddit user u/bacon_sammer responded in the thread, saying they have the same issue with Borderlands 3 crashing frequently on their Xbox Series S. They said the game runs fine on the Xbox Series X, however, so the it seems to be a Series S issue.

Sadly, this type of memory allocation issue is not uncommon for Microsoft's little console. According to reports from Digital Foundry and The Verge, the Series S' small memory capacity is a headache for developers to optimize around. It is the single biggest contributing factor to the console's lower graphical settings and lack of ray-tracing effects on Series S ports, and it bottlenecks the console's already weak 4 Teraflop (PS4 Pro level) GPU.

Apparently, complaints among developers regarding the Series S' memory became so extreme that Microsoft released a dev kit in June 2022 that gave developers more manipulation over the Series S' memory system.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How can you have out of memory errors in a fixed hardware is out of my mind.

Ohhhhhhhh not I forget MS had two SDKs and an unified SDK (aka GDK)... that explain it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is he the dolphin game guy?
He used the nickname Odium, no?
If so he was the founder of the fake game company called Team Blur Games that never release any game.
They said it has a project called Overdose, a first-person shooter using the idTech 2.

The site doesn't even exists anymore: https://overdose-game.com

My feel he pretended to be a developer on GAF and so when people started to doubt him he created that "company".

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He used the nickname Odium, no?
If so he was the founder of the fake game company called Team Blur Games that never release any game.
They said it has a project called Overdose, a first-person shooter using the idTech 2.

The site doesn't even exists anymore: https://overdose-game.com

My feel he pretended to be a developer on GAF and so when people started to doubt him he created that "company".
Oh, Yes I remember him now

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gavin Stevens used to post on GAF. He was run off GAF for being batshit insane. He threw a wobbly that people wouldn't listen to his shit and ended up crying himself into a ban.

Good to see he is still providing endless laughs.

Good to see people remember that... guy is a pathetic fanboy.

Did his Xbox exclusive indie game come out yet? LMAO

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417