XDEFIANT SERVERS PLAGUED WITH PROBLEMS AT LAUNCH

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

After numerous delays and hiccups surrounding its development, Ubisoft’s free-to-play shooter XDefiant is finally available for everyone. Unfortunately, XDefiant’s servers have seemingly been plagued by problems causing players to not be able to play.

Almost immediately after the game went live, players began to take to social media to complain about not being able to get into a match.

“Where TF is everyone,” one user said.
Said another, “Having issues with finding a game…. RIP.”

The problems led to the game’s official Twitter account making a statement on the matter.

“We’re aware that some players are unable to join a game- please bear with us while we look into servers and matchmaking,” the developers said.

Even game head Mark Rubin made a post commenting on the servers.

“Matchmaking servers go boom!” he said. “We are working on it.”

Insider Gaming has reached out to Ubisoft to see if there is any time table for a fix or if there was a specific issue causing players not to be able to connect. Should a response be received, this story will be updated accordingly.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I have been playing online games and MMOs since the late 90s, honestly I am always pleasantly surprised when a launch goes smoothly.
The complete shitshows from back in the day have made me immune to whatever issues happens in the modern age(most of the time).

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And I literally just turnt off my PS5 🤣. I'm gonna make dinner and stuff and then I'll try again.

Does it play like Overwatch arcadey?
I only played like two games of Overwatch but yeah it felt tht kind of Arcadey. COD is less arcadey to me and what I can stomach on the multiplayer side of things although a few of those were super arcadey too imo.

It was fast laced though and no percievable lag. I might go back.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Just played a match, it was all PS5 people, I guess cross play is turned off as default? Not that I'm complaining, I would prefer not to play with PC people, glad the game is not on Steam.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Played a bit last night. Game felt really good and servers were mostly fine. a single time the server froze right after the end of a match, but a quick restart of the game fixed it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ll give it a shot today. It’s either that or redownload street fighter to unlock the OG soundtracks.