XQC Signs $100 million deal with rival platform backed by crypto and gambling, KICK (Stake)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
One of Twitch's most popular streamers said on Friday that he was joining a rival streaming platform, Kick, in a significant blow to the Amazon-owned site and a sign of its increasingly strained relationship with content creators.

Félix Lengyel, a Canadian known online as xQc, is signing a two-year, roughly $70 million contract, with incentives that could push the total to about $100 million, said his agent, Ryan Morrison.

Mr. Lengyel's deal — about as large as the two-year contract extension signed by the Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James last year — could shake up the economics of the online entertainment world.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Who?

Edit: I don't know why anyone would watch a big streamer, tbh. Chat moves so fast that interaction is impossible eben among chat members, let alone with the streamer, who will never remember your name.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Who?

Edit: I don't know why anyone would watch a big streamer, tbh. Chat moves so fast that interaction is impossible eben among chat members, let alone with the streamer, who will never remember your name.
His only way of making content is constantly yelling at the top of his lungs. He's pretty much a wannabe early 2000's Pewdiepie.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75