Yakuza 0-6 Collection releases on GOG, 70% off, DRM Free

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
If you're on PC and you've yet to try out the Yakuza (I guess Like A Dragon now) series or have always been curious about these games then over on GOG they've got a brilliant deal on at the moment, the "Yakuza Complete Collection" is on sale with 70% off, this collection includes the Kiryu Saga storyline and has the following games:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Yakuza 5 Remastered
  • Yakuza 6

And best of all these versions are DRM free! Link here:

Reactions: catchew

catchew

8 Jun 2023
yakuza on gog is a huge surprise. i never expect to see this but its nice to see that growth for them. shame i already own these on ps and steam. drm free is nice. but if anyone plans on purchasing these get it on gog.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
No, anyone wanting to get these should buy the PS4 releases, as those are the actual target builds by the actual dev team, not shitty ports by whoever would take the job for $10.

And play 1-5, then 0, then 6. That’s the canonical order, and you fuck up the character arcs if you don’t play them in release order.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Great always love to see GOG doing well when pc gamers make it all about Steam vs Epic. They've priced it reasonably too
For new fans i'd say start with 0 cause if you start with 1 to 5 by the time you go back to 0 most of the characters in it would have stopped to matter to the story

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No, anyone wanting to get these should buy the PS4 releases, as those are the actual target builds by the actual dev team, not shitty ports by whoever would take the job for $10.

And play 1-5, then 0, then 6. That’s the canonical order, and you fuck up the character arcs if you don’t play them in release order.
Don't listen to this guy, play 0 first and then then the rest in chronological order. It's a prequel that makes Kiwami 1 much more enjoyable and hits harder

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Helios

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Don't listen to this guy, play 0 first and then then the rest in chronological order. It's a prequel that makes Kiwami 1 much more enjoyable and hits harder
Yeah it gets hard to care about the characters in 0 after you've seen all the shit kiryu goes through in the later games. If you leave 0 for last it's gonna feel boring after sometime than if you play it first, it'll be like studying a book for exam and skipping one chapter to leave it for last and when you are done with the last chapter and just as you are about to get up you realise, shit i have one more chapter to study that i left.
It was made in a way for new fans to get an easy entry into the series.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
I already have every entry on PlayStation consoles, but that's a deal I couldn't say "no" to.
I also agree that starting with 0 makes Kiwami hit a lot harder, so I'd also recommend starting with 0.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and Helios

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I already have every entry on PlayStation consoles, but that's a deal I couldn't say "no" to.
I also agree that starting with 0 makes Kiwami hit a lot harder, so I'd also recommend starting with 0.
0 is NOT supposed to go first. It expands on things from 4 and 5 about Majjima, and playing it first destroys all the reveals in 4 and 5.