Yoshi-P doesn't expect a Final Fantasy 16 sequel or spin-off, says the team has moved onto new projects. Would like to direct a next major title.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1702142003284.png

Producer Naoki “Yoshi-P” Yoshida recently said as much in an interview with Famitsu: “The development team for [Final Fantasy 16] has been disbanded apart from the main DLC team, so at the least, we are not expecting to make a sequel or spin-off.”

Yoshi-P explains that the team “accumulated a lot of knowledge” while building the world of Valisthea and would rather “work on the next title or consider a new challenge” - rather than add to Final Fantasy 16 “forever.” The much-loved producer does leave the door slightly ajar, though: “If you ask me if there will be anything related to FF16 in the future, I don’t know. Since I don't know what will happen, I'd rather not say anything definite.”

3/11/24

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If we get a faster FF17 that's good. 1 per decade is crazy.
Yeah. I haven’t finished FF16 so not sure if the DLC is needed. But Id rather they moved onto FF17

PS1 we got 4 Final Fantasy games including tactics. PS2 got 4. PS3 gen also got FF13 and the 2 sequels.
Hopefully they already had a team working on FF17, so we can get at least 2 new Final Fantasy games this gen

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah. I haven’t finished FF16 so not sure if the DLC is needed. But Id rather they moved onto FF17

PS1 we got 4 Final Fantasy games including tactics. PS2 got 4. PS3 gen also got FF13 and the 2 sequels.
Hopefully they already had a team working on FF17, so we can get at least 2 new Final Fantasy games this gen
I'd count the FFVII remakes, they're basically new games