You Can't Unlock all skills in Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
According to combat designer Noel Chamberlain who is working on Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League, there is a soft cap on the skills you can earn during the game's story. However, you can earn more skills during the end-game content.

Still, whatever you do it won't be enough to unlock all skills in Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League. Noel Chamberlain made the revelation during an interview with Famitsu Magazine:

"You cannot unlock all the skills. You can obtain skill points every time you level up, but that alone will stop at a soft cap. You can get more skill points from end-game content after clearing the story, but it's not enough to unlock all the skills."

The grind in WB games is getting worse. Gotham Knights had a similar problem but this time it's worse.

Translated by: https://respawnfirst.com/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-you-cant-unlock-all-skills/
OG interview: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202401/12330796.html

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
So...game is so shallow it has to lock skills for end game rewards...not skins, guns, funny underwear, but gameplay...

OP
OP
Syndr0mePK

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
So...game is so shallow it has to lock skills for end game rewards...not skins, guns, funny underwear, but gameplay...
You freely respec so that kind makes up for not having all the skill unlocked. Still on the fence about this game though. The grind will be real but i read that its clan system allows players to stay offline and share rewards if even one of the clan members is online and playing. The rest of the clan will be controlled by AI so I guess I am gonna be AFK leveling up if I can convince friends to buy this.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
You freely respec so that kind makes up for not having all the skill unlocked. Still on the fence about this game though. The grind will be real but i read that its clan system allows players to stay offline and share rewards if even one of the clan members is online and playing. The rest of the clan will be controlled by AI so I guess I am gonna be AFK leveling up if I can convince friends to buy this.
Wow ,that sounds shitty. Tricking your friend to grind your shit so you can have fun. Reminds me of WOW clans that send low levels to grind gold so the big guys can do raids all day.

Reactions: Syndr0mePK

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Gotham Knights wasn't grindy at all for me though.....I got almost all the abilities pretty quickly without even doing side content. By the final boss fight, I think I had 90% of the skill tree unlocked. I played as Robin

Reactions: Syndr0mePK

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
So Marvel tried this kinda crap and failed badly with The Avengers (not because Square-enix did the game) then DC goes yeah let's do that with Gotham Knights and the Suicide Squad, i know DC games usually wipes the floor with Marvel games but this time naaah both are bad

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Out of all things. This is not a complaint.

OP
OP
Syndr0mePK

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
I won't have anything to do with this shitty thing anyway. Looks terrible to me and embodies everything I don't like in modern gaming.
I was already on the fence about it and now i just don't feel like spending money on this at all. May be a couple of years down the road, on a sale, if they support it properly for that long.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I was already on the fence about it and now i just don't feel like spending money on this at all. May be a couple of years down the road, on a sale, if they support it properly for that long.
You mean like MK1 where a fatality costs 5 bucks? I will gladly take this dying then having any support with WB right now.

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

At the very least you have to be super cautious, a live service game can be decent or it can be a predatory shit show.... Trying it out later seems to be the best bet.

At that stage, you'll know if it's better avoided.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
At the very least you have to be super cautious, a live service game can be decent or it can be a predatory shit show.... Trying it out later seems to be the best bet.

At that stage, you'll k ow if it's better avoided.

Will Smith Suicide Girls GIF by mtv

• haha

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I can't wait for this GAAS trend to finally die
As long as there are enough suckers devs and publishers will keep trying to go after the whales. Nothing of value will be lost really, with very few exception these GaaS devs would not be making great games anyway.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
You freely respec so that kind makes up for not having all the skill unlocked.
So its kinda like diablo 4? Like you could have different builds inside a single character.
I mean, its something i've enjoyed in the past but its not what I want in a Suicide Squad game AT ALL.
Diablo 4 itself did a very poor job with skill trees and I dont think Rocksteady is cut out to do this kind of stuff. This reeks of Publisser interference.

Not gonna buy it ekther way, I already have super hero fatigue and the only game in that genre I'm looking forward to is Wolverine.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So its kinda like diablo 4? Like you could have different builds inside a single character.
I mean, its something i've enjoyed in the past but its not what I want in a Suicide Squad game AT ALL.
Diablo 4 itself did a very poor job with skill trees and I dont think Rocksteady is cut out to do this kind of stuff. This reeks of Publisser interference.

Not gonna buy it ekther way, I already have super hero fatigue and the only game in that genre I'm looking forward to is Wolverine.

Unsure. Most rpgs don’t let you keep every skill active at once. It could break the game and build diversity. Not expecting much here anyway. What we read made it sound like you don’t unlock all skills if ONLY playing the campaign and that you need to get into endgame to some extent to full kit out your character. That’s not so controversial in the slightest tbh.

It’s a genre mismatch as far as I’m concerned. Looks just as bad as Arkham or Avengers.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Looks just as bad as Arkham or Avengers.
OG Arkham Trilogy is pretty great, a bit samey overall but I do apreciate those games. you are right tho, it doesnt look good. everything we know about this game makes it seem like it is just riddled with poor decision making.