YouTube has now begun skipping videos altogether for users with ad blockers

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
youtube-premium-ap-hero.jpg

• YouTube is cracking down on ad blockers, testing tactics like slowing down video load times and skipping videos to push users towards Premium.
  • Some users are experiencing issues like no sound, stuck videos, and videos skipping all the way to the end when using ad blockers.
  • Despite efforts, users are finding workarounds via specific browser extensions and VPNs to watch ad-free YouTube videos.

Google-owned YouTube succeeded in shutting down the popular third-party YouTube Vanced app back in 2022 to encourage more users to pay and join YouTube Premium if they're looking for an ad-free experience. In the subsequent year, the streaming platform declared war against ad blockers and showed that it had a Uno reverse card up its sleeve when it started testing blocking ad blockers.

Source

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I stopped watching Youtube on my PS4 because of the ad spam. I had videos playing an ad at the beginning and then 10 seconds later there would be another one. Ads that were over half an hour or were extremely loud - just non-stop annoyance. I can understand why they want to crack down on ad blockers, but being more reasonable and flexible about ads in the first place might be more effective.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me