YouTuber & Streamer Ninja diagnosed with cancer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
1_US-ESPORT-FORTNITE-NINJA-TWITCH-MIXER.jpg

Professional gamer and YouTuber Ninja, also known as Tyler Blevins, revealed that he was diagnosed with melanoma.

The 32-year-old wrote on Twitter : "

Alright I’m still in a bit of shock but want to keep you all updated. A few weeks ago I went in to a dermatologist for an annual skin/mole check that Jess proactively scheduled for me."
"I had another dark spot appear near it, so today they biopsied that and removed a larger area around the melanoma with the hopes that under the microscope they will see clear non-melanoma edges and we will know we got it. I’m grateful to have hope in finding this early, but please take this as a PSA to get skin checkups."
Melanoma is "is a kind of skin cancer that starts in the melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells that make the pigment that gives skin its color. The pigment is called melanin," according to Mayo Clinic. Typically, it is found on sun-exposed skin, but can appear in the eyes or, rarely, inside the body.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just like with most cancers, the sooner you detect it, the better.

Hopefully, he makes a full recovery; Cancer can go and fuck itself.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just like with most cancers, the sooner you detect it, the better.

Hopefully, he makes a full recovery; Cancer can go and fuck itself.
Yeah hopefully he will be good plus he has money to get the best care so his odds become higher.

Reactions: Sircaw

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Alright I’m still in a bit of shock but want to keep you all updated. A few weeks ago I went in to a dermatologist for an annual skin/mole check that Jess proactively scheduled for me."

He should really thank his wife, she's probably has noticed he's prone to moles and has correctly identified this as a potential dangerous thing for him. Most young dudes would probably not bother with this kind of preventive care.

But yeah, any growth(s) like this, especially as a young adult, is probably something you should investigate.
Same with very drastic discoloration of the skin in certain parts of the body.

Reactions: Gamernyc78