Zelda Live Action Movie will be inspired by Studio Ghibli films

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
TLOZ_TearsOfTheKingdom_scrn_18-1440x810.jpg

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Ball said his vision for the movie is inspired by the work of Studio Ghibli co-founder and Spirited Away director Hayao Miyazaki.

He told the publication he sees the Zelda film as

“this awesome fantasy-adventure movie that isn’t like Lord of the Rings, it’s its own thing. I’ve always said, I would love to see a live-action Miyazaki. That wonder and whimsy that he brings to things, I would love to see something like that.”

Ball, who said as far back as 2010 that he hoped someone would bring Zelda to the big screen, claimed:

“It’s going to be awesome. My whole life has led up to this moment. I grew up on Zelda and it is the most important property, I think, that’s untapped IP, if you will.

“So we very much are working hard to do something. We’re not just trying to do it because we can. We want to make something really special.”

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
This film won’t be 2D enough for ghibli.
Eh I don't think they need to take inspiration from that old narcisstic jackass.

Sony Pictures being involved is kinda a bad sign, but hopefully it could turn out good. Hopefully Miyamoto's influence can make them stick to source materials.

Anyway, I think live action is perfect move for Zelda. Nobody goes to cinema to watch 2D animation in other countries except for, you know it. They has been airing Doraemon and Cased Closed for the last 20 years here, and still top box office every damn time. Funny how that work.