Zenless Zone Zero in development for PS5 | officially open for pre-registration!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
People are not mentioning this game in the state of play thread but it looked amazing.

Is it going to be like Honkai and Genshin or will it be single player?

Cause if it is single player... Oh lord!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's single player, i got into the closed beta. However it does have an arcade where you can play multiplayer mini games (or you can play them single player).

Let me tell you this game is gonna be a hit. It's like Persona on steroids, with actually solid action rpg gameplay. Everything is polished up from what Genshin was. And the theming is just *chefs kiss*

Reactions: Snes nes

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It's single player, i got into the closed beta. However it does have an arcade where you can play multiplayer mini games (or you can play them single player).
Let me tell you this game is gonna be a hit. It's like Persona on steroids, with actually solid action rpg gameplay. Everything is polished up from what Genshin was. And the theming is just *chefs kiss*

It's hub based right? Also, I think we need to rename the console to GachaStation 5 foreal.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's hub based right? Also, I think we need to rename the console to GachaStation 5 foreal.
Yes, kind of hub based. It's very much like persona in that your home base is a video rental shop (like old school VHS) and you can go out into various sections of the city (at the beginning of the game you're limited to your starting area which is fairly small) and find random encounters with companions that you meet during MSQ (the ones that are pullable in gacha) with little hangout events to progress your relationship, random npcs that can give you sidequests, and stores/merchants that stock level-up mats, equipment, and tune some other miscellaneous rpg mechanics. the various sections of the city arent connected like an open world, rather you fast travel to them.

The bulk of the gameplay happens in the office to your store where you go into what people call "TV mode" which is basically you connecting to your remote agent called a bangboo (basically the cute little jelly bean/rabbit robots), navigate through a 2d dungeon crawling mode, and when you meet enemies or certain events you get to play a 3rd person action rpg through small levels that last around 5-10 minutes with your team.