Zenless Zone Zero surpasses 35 million pre-registered accounts

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
1715477920964.jpeg

Hoyoverse's next mobile gacha game looks to be set for a hot start as it surpasses the 35 million mark for preregistrations ahead of its launch on July 3, 2024.

It's far surpassed the company's previous two megahit games - Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail - both of which achieved 10 million preregistrations and 20 million downloads on launch.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This is where the real money is at and where Sony should invest more
This. PS needs to push more mobile then doing measly PC port of singleplayer games.

Sony likely to double down singleplayer port & shorten the timeframe of port & the sells coming from PC will remain to fall less & less or remain the same

Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is where the real money is at and where Sony should invest more
This. PS needs to push more mobile then doing measly PC port of singleplayer games.

Sony likely to double down singleplayer port & shorten the timeframe of port & the sells coming from PC will remain to fall less & less or remain the same
Yall really want Sony wasting resources making hentai gacha games? These games are expensive to maintain, stop trying to waste their time just be happy they’re getting console ports. That’s more than enough

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yall really want Sony wasting resources making hentai gacha games? These games are expensive to maintain, stop trying to waste their time just be happy they’re getting console ports. That’s more than enough
You rather Sony go day n date or shorten the timespan of PC port?

Knowing Sony new leadership they will buy 2 more porting studios for PC

& yes I would rather see PlayStation make there own new ip that’s like a “Genshin Impact” style game or one of these other gacha games atleast we would get more PS games that would drive sells of PS consoles then PS exclusive continue to being ported to PC making the console less & less desirable

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Lol HoYoverse really gonna be sitting atop a mountain of cash. I feel like ZZZ hype has been kinda tepid but clearly not. Hopefully we get a release date at the showcase

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You rather Sony go day n date or shorten the timespan of PC port?

Knowing Sony new leadership they will buy 2 more porting studios for PC

& yes I would rather see PlayStation make there own new ip that’s like a “Genshin Impact” style game or one of these other gacha games atleast we would get more PS games that would drive sells of PS consoles then PS exclusive continue to being ported to PC making the console less & less desirable
i dont want either

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Sony's most profitable game is Fate Grand Order which made 7.5 billion dollars, which is 2 billion more than Fortnite

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony's most profitable game is Fate Grand Order which made 7.5 billion dollars, which is 2 billion more than Fortnite
you say that all the time as if it means anything or as if anyone here should care. I didn't become a playstation fan because of predatory mobile garbage.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
you say that all the time as if it means anything or as if anyone here should care. I didn't become a playstation fan because of predatory mobile garbage.

Sony cares about making money, the future is mobile gacha games. The Sony we knew and loved from the 90s and early 2000s is long dead

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony cares about making money, the future is mobile gacha games. The Sony we knew and loved from the 90s and early 2000s is long dead
Let the other Sony divisions focus on mobile and let PlayStation focus on PlayStation

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Fate Grand Order has done $7B cumulative since 2021, but Fortnite does $5.5B every year. They're not the same.

Though when Type Moon released Fate / Stay Night 20 years ago, an erotic visual novel, I bet they never thought in their wildest dreams they were kicking off one of the most profitable entertainment franchises out there.
The IP might be more valuable than Star Wars at this point.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Fate Grand Order has done $7B cumulative since 2021, but Fortnite does $5.5B every year. They're not the same.

Though when Type Moon released Fate / Stay Night 20 years ago, an erotic visual novel, I bet they never thought in their wildest dreams they were kicking off one of the most profitable entertainment franchises out there.
The IP might be more valuable than Star Wars at this point.
I also have no idea why FGO is popular. It's a piece of shit game.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Surprised by the number, general enthusiasm for the game in the west seems to be quite muted and social metrics are fairly low. China must be quite high on the game.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Surprised by the number, general enthusiasm for the game in the west seems to be quite muted and social metrics are fairly low. China must be quite high on the game.
Yeah, reception in the West is fairly mixed. I blame tiktok brain.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, reception in the West is fairly mixed. I blame tiktok brain.

I think it's more general disinterest in the brand as a whole.
The YoY drops for HSR/Genshin have been more pronounced in the west than in China/JP from mobile trackers.
Which sort of makes sense, Genshin mania was its own thing and surprisingly pierced through the western masses in a way that very few eastern mobile game(s) do.

I feel like this is just regression to the mean.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think it's more general disinterest in the brand as a whole.
The YoY drops for HSR/Genshin have been more pronounced in the west than in China/JP from mobile trackers.
Which sort of makes sense, Genshin mania was its own thing and surprisingly pierced through the western masses in a way that very few eastern mobile game(s) do.

I feel like this is just regression to the mean.
No, it has to do with mixed reception to the dungeon crawling element (tv mode). Most western social media influencers haven't liked it.

asdo

11 Jun 2024
zenlessdiary.com
That's impressive! Zenless Zone Zero surpassing 35 million pre-registered accounts is a testament to its growing popularity. For those interested in learning more about the game, including its unique combat system, check out the comprehensive guide on Zenlessdiary.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
That's impressive! Zenless Zone Zero surpassing 35 million pre-registered accounts is a testament to its growing popularity. For those interested in learning more about the game, including its unique combat system, check out the comprehensive guide on Zenlessdiary.
It's already over 40millon

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs