i hope this move and backlash hurts PlayStation PC game sales to a point where Sony cancels their PC strategy altogether

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
At this point if your a PS gamer you should migrate to PC there’s no benefit of owning the PS console + Sony retarded leadership makes there direct competitor a better platform to play & invest in gaming

I would say Sony wouldn’t do day n date because it doesn’t makes sense & Xbox imploded & destroyed there entire brand, identity & platform. I put PS going day n date by the end of PS5 gen roughly 75% PS goes day n date on PC by the end of PS6. The old PS is dead

PS hardcore fanboys don't have balls to walk the talk. They should have jumped ship when paid online was announced. Leave Sony for a while. Impact their financials and make them work hard for your money. Like they did on the PS1 era or the second half of the PS3 era. The console was trash but at least they put work on software and services.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Looking forward for ghost of Tsushima. Trust nixxes with a good port. Let's hope Sony learnt the lesson. You need to adapt to the market you are selling if you want to succeed.

Own your mistake and handle this better. You are not a mom and pop store.
lernt their lesson on what exactly? what "mistake"? the account link stuff is a norm for all publishers, i want to see if this will be a thing when a game like GTA 6 releases on PC and demands a Social Club Rockstar account, tho i agree that PSN should be expanded to all regions

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Even then when they comeback PC players will complain the issue wasn’t the fact PSN wasn’t on these obscure countries it was the fact that PC players don’t want to link PSN & don’t want to be tally up for shareholders boosting PS stats

This will backfire again. The conversation will be you guys didn’t imply it at launch nor when you tried May why 6 month later. It will be you didn’t needed back then you don’t needed now why add it now blah blah blah this will be a real bait & switch but ig the “future plans” save them from that narrative but PC players one & Sony bend the knee they’ll pull it again in the future
but why don't they keep the same energy to other publishers that require them to link accounts to play games? that's the whole thing we need to debate here, why is this a Sony only thing? if they expand PSN to all these countries, nobody will be left out of the game, access won't be denied to any player, i just don't understand...

Reactions: Neversummer
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
At this point if your a PS gamer you should migrate to PC there’s no benefit of owning the PS console + Sony retarded leadership makes there direct competitor a better platform to play & invest in gaming

I would say Sony wouldn’t do day n date because it doesn’t makes sense & Xbox imploded & destroyed there entire brand, identity & platform. I put PS going day n date by the end of PS5 gen roughly 75% PS goes day n date on PC by the end of PS6. The old PS is dead
if they go day and date i won't buy their games anymore, simply... will be actually more benefitial to me since i would save money

• sad

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
PS hardcore fanboys don't have balls to walk the talk. They should have jumped ship when paid online was announced.
Why wouldn’t they walk away? There spending the same as a PC the migration wouldn’t be hard or much & the Xbox players migration to PC shows how easy it was overtime. (Xbox will be lucky if they sell 1 million in a quarter)

Not entirely during the PS4 generation PS had exclusive & even early PS5 generation they had PS exclusive. It wasn’t till 2021-2022 when PS players now know the cadence of PS ports (1-2 years) the migration barrier between PS & PC is really low

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
lernt their lesson on what exactly? what "mistake"? the account link stuff is a norm for all publishers, i want to see if this will be a thing when a game like GTA 6 releases on PC and demands a Social Club Rockstar account, tho i agree that PSN should be expanded to all regions
if I was a PC player I wouldn’t celebrate just yet Sony said they had “future plans” so it seems this is just a buffer till Sony adds all regions that where remove & forcing players in the future to create a PSN. Sony also didn’t properly announce this with a big season update they just drop the news out of nowhere with no new content update if Sony gonna do this in the future they’ll tie it with a major content update & give less time like 1-2 weeks instead of a month for people cope

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
So then you don't actually like sony games.
Its not about liking not liking, it's about sending the message same as you guys over making a PSN account. If they treat the pc peasants same as consoles then they better hope they sell their 10 million copies on steam, chasing fool's gold is all I see at this point

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
but why don't they keep the same energy to other publishers that require them to link accounts to play games? that's the whole thing we need to debate here, why is this a Sony only thing? if they expand PSN to all these countries, nobody will be left out of the game, access won't be denied to any player, i just don't understand...
Because Sony allowed them to create fake narratives & didn’t address it immediately. People were using an old outdated fax page to bend the reasoning of a PSN requirement while ignoring the label in the store page & the statements from arrowhead. Sony also fucked up with the regions not supporting PSN Sony allowed people to create bs excuses.

The account requirement for publishers isn’t new but Sony let the “Sony bad, Sony greed” narrative fester instead of shutting all down. Sony also release this news out of nowhere with no content update other publisher adds these account requirements with new season + major content update to lesson any potential blowback. Your really gonna complain about a PSN requirement when a new faction is coming to helldivers 2 w new planets, new guns, new armor, new stratagems etc see it be hard to bitch about a PSN requirement Sony really drop this news with nothing insight on Helldivers content lol

Last edited:

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
PS hardcore fanboys don't have balls to walk the talk. They should have jumped ship when paid online was announced. Leave Sony for a while. Impact their financials and make them work hard for your money. Like they did on the PS1 era or the second half of the PS3 era. The console was trash but at least they put work on software and services.

Xbox and Playstation 's clueless executives already believe that console gaming is dying and kids are playing on mobile and PC, leaving the platform would reinforce their dumb beliefs. We need to be louder and push Sony to give more to its most loyal fans, not destroy the platform we enjoy out of spite.

• sad

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
i paid for the game on PlayStation already

again, i paid 70 dollars for the game in 2022 when it was released
You act like that matters, piracy is piracy as many users would say here. I paid for Skyrim several times, do you see me pirating it because I bought it on PS3 13 years ago?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
to not sell their game in regions they don't support, just to force players to sign up on their service that they know that those players in those regions can not do. It's scummy.

Glad they overturned their decision.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Glad they overturned their decision.

They could have released an announcement about finding a solution for them during the announced month or a longer transition period in case the solution would have required more time instead, but still enforce the linking for new users, as in the affected regions no new players could have joined in the meantime.

Now PS players have either to disable cross-play or need to deal with cheaters and hackers.

Poor decision on Sony's part, appeasing a loud minority while giving the middle finger to their core audience.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
They could have released an announcement about finding a solution for them during the announced month or a longer transition period in case the solution would have required more time instead, but still enforce the linking for new users, as in the affected regions no new players could have joined in the meantime.

Now PS players have either to disable cross-play or need to deal with cheaters and hackers.

Poor decision on Sony's part, appeasing a loud minority while giving the middle finger to their core audience.
"need to deal with cheaters and hackers."

those were already getting banned without a PSN linking.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players
more

MORE

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob