10 years later… in-game LFG launches in Destiny

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Succesful test run seems to have pushed out its release earlier than expected.

I have yet to test it myself. Also still think the mobile app is still more effective and I don’t believe they’ve integrated the two yet (it’s planned later).

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Wow. As someone who always wanted this and bitched hard about it (I know it was complex because the game wasn't designed with an in-game LFG in mind, least of all the Raids) this is great.

I gave up on the game cause other games demand my attention but this is a great parting gift.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
how the fuck does it take 10 years to put in an LFG feature lmao...huh??

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You'll be surprised that most GaaS games don't have it.

It's different to matchmaking.

I do want to try it. I’m so used to the phone app tho (it’s great). Duty Finder in FF14 allowed you to queue while in other activities if I recall. Probably way better now.

Yea it’s different. You can’t ideally match make in destiny. You need some agency over curating your teams. Most raids require more levels of communication than other activities and as someone who tries to Sherpa randos often … mics required. I have had to help new lights make armor builds during planets.

I also need to get discord set up on my ps5. I don’t mind the in-game provided comms but you get better mic clarity when everyone is on PlayStation and we use that. Haven’t tried discord but I’m gonna need to make cross play a bit cleaner.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Something I appreciate Bungie is that they hold they vision to not have matchmaking in end game content.

It could have destroyed the game.