2022 might go down as the worst year ever for Xbox 1st party game release

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Aug 2022
Australia
Basically all they have is As Dusk Falls so far with Grounded which is getting a full release this year, but it already released a while back.
Pentiment is the last game that was revealed to be coming in 2022, but it is a small AA indie type game.
Deathloop might be releasing this year on Xbox, cause the Sony 1 year timed exclusive deal is coming to an end.

Anyways it's not looking good for Xbox at all, Basically all i have been playing on my Xbox so far this year are 3rd party games & games that are on Game Pass..

Was expecting Forza Motorsport atleast for this year after Redfall and Starfield got delayed, but no; have to wait another year! hell it really rough being a Xbox fan right now.

Real Talk.... I can't take much more of this waiting for the Games to come from Xbox.

P

peter42O

2022 is easily the worst year for Microsoft's first party game releases. They literally only have two AA games. As Dusk Falls and Pentiment along with an early access game finally getting it's full release (Grounded) and an expansion (Hot Wheels for Forza Horizon 5) which is the best of the four. I do believe that Deathloop will release in late September/early October which will be an AAA game release but due to it launching on PC and PlayStation 5 in September 2021, it's technically only new for Xbox.

2017 which is the worst year until 2022 ends, 2017 had Halo Wars 2 (79 OC), Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels (85 OC) expansion, Forza Motorsport 7 (85 OC) and Super Lucky's Tale (67 OC). Overall is 79 OC rating. 2022 is the worst year in general and even more so when you consider the amount of studios that Microsoft has now compared to 2017.

2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2022 have all been shitty years for me personally when it comes to Xbox but eventually, they will start hitting. Luckily, I have had other games to play this year and between August and December, I have 7 games so in a way, Microsoft delaying Starfield and especially Redfall have turned to be a blessing for me because without them, I have a nice top ten game list for 2022 and for 2023, I should end up having a top twenty game list which makes me very happy.

So while yeah, it's disappointing and whatnot, it is what it is. I'm doing what Microsoft is doing - riding it out.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Microsoft doesn't do good with managing most of their devs and straight to game pass will hurt many of these games budgets from the devs they bought out. Not hype at all, nor buying the "give it a few years mantra" just reminds me of all the "whoa wait till Crackdown 3 drops" hype and other stuff we perpetually hear hyped then disappointed.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
2022 was the year of the game pass.

Discuss Los Angeles Lakers GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
2022 was the year of the game pass.
2023 will be the return of Xbox first party in full force.
I'm not poking fun I'm honestly curious, what is all confirmed for Xbox's 2023?

I know of

Starfield
Stalker 2
Forza
Redfall

Status
Not open for further replies.