25 Days of Sackboy |OT|

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The official LittleBigPlanet account is counting down the days to Christmas with "25 Days of Sackboy" #25DaysOfSackboy. Everyday they'll be posting new cute pictures of the beloved and iconic PlayStation mascot, Sackboy (and Sackgirl).

Thread will be updated daily with each new Sackboy. Let us know, which Sackboy (or Sackgirl) is your favorite? So far, mine is easily Clank Sackboy.

sackboy_by_lady_tori_d4gfnto-375w-2x.jpg

Day 1 - Fancy Sackboy

Day 2 - Dog Sackboy

Day 3 - Freya Sackgirl

Day 4 - Biscuit Sackboy

Day 5 - Chinese Dragon Sackboy

Day 6 - Clank Sackboy

Day 7 - Bumblebee Sackboy

Day 8 - Skateboard Sackboy

Day 9 - Chloe Frazer Sackgirl

Day 10 - Turkey Sackboy

Day 11 - Cat Sackboy

Day 12 - Monkey King Sackboy

Day 13 - Atreus Sackboy

Day 14 - Rivet Sackgirl

Day 15 - Video Game Sackboy

Day 16 - Cake Sackboy

Day 17 - Gran Turismo Sackboy

Day 18 - Nathan Drake Sackboy

Day 19 - Aloy Sackgirl

Day 20 - Ratchet Sackboy

Day 21 - Ellie Sackgirl

Day 22 - Kratos Sackboy

Day 23 - Sacknana Sackboy

Day 24 - Santa Sackboy

Day 25 - Christmas Tree Sackboy

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The official LittleBigPlanet account is counting down the days to Christmas with "25 Days of Sackboy" #25DaysOfSackboy. Everyday they'll be posting new cute pictures of the beloved and iconic PlayStation mascot, Sackboy (and Sackgirl).

Thread will be updated daily with each new Sackboy. Let us know, which Sackboy (or Sackgirl) is your favorite? So far, mine is easily Clank Sackboy.

Damnd, photo is so cute. Let's hope they announce Little Big Planet 4, Sackboy 2 or something else LBP related for Christmas.

Regarding the costumes, I think it was in LBP1 that I did use the Chinese Dragon one a lot, plus later the Street Fighter costumes they released.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Damnd, photo is so cute. Let's hope they announce Little Big Planet 4, Sackboy 2 or something else LBP related for Christmas.

Regarding the costumes, I think it was in LBP1 that I did use the Chinese Dragon one a lot, plus later the Street Fighter costumes they released.
Finally something we can agree on

Reactions: Yurinka

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hopefully MM make Littlebigplanet 4, make it like Roblox and fortnite

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Day 1 - Fancy Sackboy

Day 2 - Dog Sackboy

Day 3 - Freya Sackgirl

Day 4 - Biscuit Sackboy

Day 5 - Chinese Dragon Sackboy

Day 6 - Clank Sackboy

Day 7 - Bumblebee Sackboy

My son grew up playing Sack. We love these games.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Hopefully MM make Littlebigplanet 4, make it like Roblox and fortnite
LBP4 with map customization on the level of Roblox and Fortnite could be an amazing gaas game, and a gaas that actually makes sense

Reactions: Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
3d how? like in Sackboy a big adventure? or like Roblox?
I'd say to use Sackboy as base to make a similar but better single player campaign with more Mario Odyssey-like vibes and variety (with up to 4P coop like in the first LBP game). A big and robust campaign with many homages to mostly LBP and LBP2.

Then as optional, add use Dreams as base to make a simpler to use editor (this time focused on modding and expanding the base game instead of creating whole new games) split into these sections:
  • main character editor
  • enemies editor
  • collectables editor
  • hazards editor
  • platforms and surfaces editor
  • music editor
  • sound effects editor
  • visual effects editor
  • level editor
  • campaign editor (just a tracklist of levels)
Every couple of weeks release a free selection of editor's picks user generated levels, really great ones maybe mixed with some new MM created ones. And displayed in the main menu so the players wouldn't need to explore/waste time to find cool levels.

If it works, then they could add licensed DLC/IAP costumes and stages as they did with the first LBP games, and also to expand the editor adding extra things like a game mechanics editor, camera editor, etc. to slowly grow it from a pretty traditional 3D action platformer game to something way more complex and complete.

The game pillars would be:
  • Push the nostalgia bringing back what it worked in previous classic games (including music themes, sound effects, art style, stage themes/textures/look & feel). Call it Little Big Planet something to push the IP (and reuse it with some movie or tv show)
  • Polish and improve the 3D action platformer formula of Sackboy Adventures, focus on a rock solid long single player coop campaign
  • Polish, improve and simply the Dreams editor to focus it more on making extra content instead of new games while focusing more on players who don't want to spend a lot of time with the editor or browsing stuff

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'd say to use Sackboy as base to make a similar but better single player campaign with more Mario Odyssey-like vibes and variety (with up to 4P coop like in the first LBP game). A big and robust campaign with many homages to mostly LBP and LBP2.

Then as optional, add use Dreams as base to make a simpler to use editor (this time focused on modding and expanding the base game instead of creating whole new games) split into these sections:
  • main character editor
  • enemies editor
  • collectables editor
  • hazards editor
  • platforms and surfaces editor
  • music editor
  • sound effects editor
  • visual effects editor
  • level editor
Every couple of weeks release a free selection of editor's picks user generated levels, really great ones maybe mixed with some new MM created ones. And displayed in the main menu so the players wouldn't need to explore/waste time to find cool levels.

If it works, then they could add licensed DLC/IAP costumes and stages as they did with the first LBP games, and also to expand the editor adding extra things like a game mechanics editor, camera editor, etc.
Yes, that’s a good idea, Fortnite does that very well. Even the new Lego Fortnite game is just a custom map within Fortnite. It’s free and was advertised at TGA. And they regularly partner with big influencers to create more custom maps that they then advertise. It’s a smart way to keep engagement high. And it’s a business model that would work just as well for LBP/Sackboy

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, that’s a good idea, Fortnite does that very well. Even the new Lego Fortnite game is just a custom map within Fortnite. It’s free and was advertised at TGA. And they regularly partner with big influencers to create more custom maps that they then advertise. It’s a smart way to keep engagement high. And it’s a business model that would work just as well for LBP/Sackboy
It already worked for them in LBP. Did help them to promote other Sony stuff (GoW, Wipeout, Motorstorm or Ghostbusters costumes etc) or licensed stuff to get paid for it (like the Capcom content).