25 Minutes of Final Fantasy XVI Revealed at the State of Play

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Some relevant details:

• Moogles are back.
  • All battles are in real time and there's no pause option.
  • Story takes place course's Clive life.
  • The game can build the character for you based on personal preference.
  • It's the first true action RPG in the series
  • Battles will have QTEs
  • Main hub is called Hide's Hideway where you can upgrade and train.
  • There's four companions: Joshua, a Knight Chick, a Knight Guy and a Wolf.
  • Secundary Quests from FF7R are back
  • You have to defeat the Icons (Summons) in single battle in order to use them
  • Summon/Eikon battle and cutscenes will be different depending on which one you use for support
  • Boss battles are seamless and focus on spectacle.
  • World Map:
cmmKjbj.jpg

5notjEb.jpg

Customization:

HnPmAyo.jpg

T9QB2kS.jpg

kzNIIJw.jpg

Game will have two main Modes:

7ewX3Kg.jpg

U4xMA1E.jpg

PtCki47.jpg

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It feels like the game is designed for kids with ADD. The screen is so cluttered with visual effects that I get the sense the devs thought people would get bored if nothing happens for a single second.

Sorry, I know a lot of you are excited but this is just FF in name. Looks like a great action game but it's not what I play FF for.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I made my mind to get this game after watching the trailers released before. I can’t say this makes want the game more. Still, day 1 for me.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The game looks incredible but all those damn effects and flashes

It's a hard pass for me, why fill the game with al that fucking clutter.

My poor eyes

Reactions: Entropi
24 Jun 2022
Damn I will need a PS5 sooner rather than later. The kaijuu battles look really cool; I could see some shmup style elements in a couple of them. The combat in general looks great, although I'm still curious about the strategic elements as even here it emphasized the action a lot. I do remember them saying in another preview you could select and switch among your spells with a specific button, and enter various modes depending on if conditions were met, that type of stuff. But I am interested in learning a bit more about that part of the combat.

The world looks interesting too; it's a nice mix of more mature elements with traditional FF high-fantasy elements but it doesn't look like there's much anything to create a clash. This is definitely a game I'm going to end up picking up.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'm personally very excited for this game! I'm mainly watching bits and pieces and reading just a few details to keep from spoiling too much though.
Just don't bother with anything. Once I decide to get the game, I stay away from the smallest bits of info. Makes for a nice surprise when you get to actually play the game.

Good news is, you won't have to wait that long.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The kaiju stuff was dope. I didn’t know what to think about it at first but it seems it’s just there to add gameplay variety. It all looked bombastic and to be a be a fun time.

It definitely looks epic that’s for sure

• Shake

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The kaiju stuff was dope. I didn’t know what to think about it at first but it seems it’s just there to add gameplay variety. It all looked bombastic and to be a be a fun time.

It definitely looks epic that’s for sure

Absolutely, I just hope they have some exploration or good side content that isn't completely combat based.... again, to add to the variety.

Even if it's just that some of the buildings and castles are just massive and you can explore them as an option.

P

peter42O

Very happy that there's a story mode difficulty in the game. Like others have said, I do wish all the effects and stuff on screen was toned down or at least allow an option to decrease it. Otherwise, looks really good.

• brain

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Very happy that there's a story mode difficulty in the game. Like others have said, I do wish all the effects and stuff on screen was toned down or at least allow an option to decrease it. Otherwise, looks really good.
i really hope we can turn half that shit off, the game looks incredible but yer, those effects are out of control.

Reactions: peter42O

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yeah, some effects are over a top a little bit.

but i don't think, we gonna do much of what they showed on basic combat encounters. it looks like most of it are pretty special moves.

• brain