343 is Dead - Halo SP Devolopment Ended - What's Next?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This is cute.

Never liked Sting!

Sting Nwa GIF

27 Sep 2022
I just don’t understand this concept of a middle management dev studio. What’s it’s purpose?

Give the ip to a deserving studio and let them at it. Why bog shit down with an added layer like this.

It doesn’t make sense Jerry!

All MS's other studios probably don't want to be stuck making Halo forever.

343i still has the creative and narrative leads that know and can manage all the lore from the games and expanded media. So they will become essentially an IP management studio. That said, judging from how fucking dogshit the Halo TV series was, I'm not expecting them to really add any value.

Better to just contract a third party studio who is excited about developing Halo, with some fresh talent and ideas to take over the franchise.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
All MS's other studios probably don't want to be stuck making Halo forever.

343i still has the creative and narrative leads that know and can manage all the lore from the games and expanded media. So they will become essentially an IP management studio. That said, judging from how fucking dogshit the Halo TV series was, I'm not expecting them to really add any value.

Better to just contract a third party studio who is excited about developing Halo, with some fresh talent and ideas to take over the franchise.
The next Halo should be a reskinned Doom game made by ID (whatever is left of them)... This is the only way I see the Halo name going.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I have no clue who got laid off (it's very different when you apply on other jobs)... ID is one of the top teams in gaming, they should be kept at any price.
I thought if anything Tango was getting gutted as Ghostwire was done and its easier to hold your staff if your team is closer to the HQ than another. Still awful if any studio there was gutted, a few losses per dev would be more manageable.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Coalition, Bethesda and 343 as far as the gaming division goes.

Playground too but based on some other twitter reporting it was 10 people combined between PG and Coalition.

343 is the hardest hit gaming studio and we don't know how many Bethesda people were laid off or which Bethesda studio they were from. Keep in mind Bethesda/Zenimax itself has a bunch of sub-studios which they manage mostly independently.

27 Sep 2022
The next Halo should be a reskinned Doom game made by ID (whatever is left of them)... This is the only way I see the Halo name going.
Halo and Doom are nothing alike. I'm not convinced that Id can make a great Halo game.

I'd argue Machine Games would be a better choice (not ideal, but better than Id).