400+ developers working on the next Witcher game. Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty earned 207M USD in revenue in 2023. Financial statement provided.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Boy this company got money and is big. Even with the initial failure of Cyberpunk they turned it around and are just going full steam.
Man some studios are just blessed/lucky. Even when they fail they do super well. Not saying they dont deserve it, but so do so many other studios and games

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You are talking about something that happened years ago now, it's time to move on

It's like the people still complaining about No Man's Sky
No man's sky is now much more than what was promised, way more. Cyberpunk pretty much on par with what was promised.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
No man's sky is now much more than what was promised, way more. Cyberpunk pretty much on par with what was promised.
Yeah... no.
I still get bugged quests, preventing me from progressing the game ( some side quests are bugged too). Not to mention the plethora of promised features missing or ended up being shit compared to what was promised. NMS promised way less and delivered way more, free of charge too.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah... no.
I still get bugged quests, preventing me from progressing the game ( some side quests are bugged too). Not to mention the plethora of promised features missing or ended up being shit compared to what was promised. NMS promised way less and delivered way more, free of charge too.
Oh shit, I thought It legitimately on par with what it was promised based on reviews - Apparently I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Its been 3 years and we still have people like you crying over this
"Those who forget history are bound to repeat it.".

What difference does it make when it happened? 10 years or 10 minutes ago. It happened and it'll go down in history as one of the biggest rip-offs ever. Hell, shit EA pulls is tame compared to what they did.

Yeah, let's forget a company made a shit game, LIED about it for years, to the point the CEO publicly said the game runs fine on, back then, current gen consoles.

They refused to let reviewers use their own footage and only allowed them to play it on PC.

Game came out UNPLAYABLE on PS4/Xone. It took them well over a year to start implementing some features they promised in the trailers.

And even now, years after release, they game still didn't deliver what was said. The world is still empty, NPCs are dumb, there's nothing to do in the open world and they even messed up the skill system with the latest update.

I just don't get shilling for a multi million dollar company that outright stole from you. Fucking hell have some self respect.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Oh shit, I thought It legitimately on par with what it was promised based on reviews - Apparently I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me on that.
No one mentioned reviews, which were skewed at the release anyway due to CPPRs "honesty", and the game STILL falls short on the reviews at release anyway, we are talking about the game as it is now, still bugged and with half baked features. Now I have not played the DLC, but have seen reviews and everyone says it is good, but the core issues remain (there are people getting bugged quests even in the DLC ffs), so yeah I will wait on reviews ( user reviews on STEAM, as well as more trusted reviewers especially AFTER the release) of whatever their next game is.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Shame gamers keep sucking them off after still not providing what they promised with CP.

Went from being in my top 3 fav dev to just wait for reviews whatever they do.
They promised this with Witcher 3

ILXoFBou8At8UmtJO2XgnETUiWQanHUMnGU48hMPHdR59lO0koYMV0RsCnSfkYCfGTFVnp_j6cNepG7523h0zkrqDhSjKUxNRNxDNrjA9Qm4LuvmF85292DGa1vV2EQE

Let's not act like this was the first time CDPR bullshitted us with prerelease media. Having acknowledged that, yes, they told us a lot of lies, the Cyberpunk 2077 game as it is now is a very good game.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No one mentioned reviews, which were skewed at the release anyway due to CPPRs "honesty", and the game STILL falls short on the reviews at release anyway, we are talking about the game as it is now, still bugged and with half baked features. Now I have not played the DLC, but have seen reviews and everyone says it is good, but the core issues remain (there are people getting bugged quests even in the DLC ffs), so yeah I will wait on reviews ( user reviews on STEAM, as well as more trusted reviewers especially AFTER the release) of whatever their next game is.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you btw, I meant reviews for the DLC. But again, I'm not disagreeing.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

ILXoFBou8At8UmtJO2XgnETUiWQanHUMnGU48hMPHdR59lO0koYMV0RsCnSfkYCfGTFVnp_j6cNepG7523h0zkrqDhSjKUxNRNxDNrjA9Qm4LuvmF85292DGa1vV2EQE

Let's not act like this was the first time CDPR bullshitted us with prerelease media. Having acknowledged that, yes, they told us a lot of lies, the Cyberpunk 2077 game as it is now is a very good game.
No idea about any of that. I got onboard after the complete edition released and it wasn't even on release. Loved the game, loved what they gave away for free and even Gwent standalone was basically showered with free stuff even though it was a GaaS.

After all that, I'd never in a million years think they would fall this far. Used to be among by top 3 devs/publishers.

It's sad to know they've always been like that. Even more reason to be more cautious later on.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

This is actually witcher 3 on high pc..on ps4 and xbox one back then yes it doesnt look like this..

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
I platinumed game on ps5. Finished dlc. Around 170h playtime. Didnt experience 1 single bug where quest was bugged. Maybe it happens on pc?

One of the best open worlds i played in 25 years. Writing, quests, characters, gameplay.....and i m hard to please when it comes to games.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Most overrated developer on the planet.

Failed to finish both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk.

Their games are boring and tiresome.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob