[4chan] id Software working closely with Bethesda to overhaul Starfield combat since last August

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The most MS thing ever, to turn id Software into a support studios for garbage like Redfall and Starfield.

I buy this rumor because the combat in fact did look awful when they showed it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
4chan

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The most MS thing ever, to turn id Software into a support studios for garbage like Redfall and Starfield.

I buy this rumor because the combat in fact did look awful when they showed it.
True if I was Phil Spencer, I'd put a bullet in 343 and have Id making Halo.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
How's that a bad thing? It happens all the time when you have several studios under your wing. Between 343 and ID I am not worried about FPS gunplay. Besides fallout 4 was already an improvement over fallout 3 in that regard.

If anything I am more worried about Bethesda trying to go for all the stupid trends that plagued open world games since Skyrim (abuse of crafting and survival mechanics among others) not a fan of post apocalyptic garbage man simulator a.k.a Fallout 4. I'll just mod that shit out.

Reactions: VillaiN

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Great way to kill id by tying them to a dead franchise. id is much bigger and more important than Halo.
I mean, I wish the CMA blocked the Bethesda purchase too ;) But MS doesn't seem like they're going to let Halo die any time soon.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Didn't even post this bs when I saw it as I feel like it's just fake advertisement and help for Microsoft and complete bs since they are struggling.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
As long as they don't make it that you have to go melee all the time to get more ammo it could work.

Also, this is meaningless B.S... let the game speak for itself when it releases.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They need all hands on deck. It’s a wise move. Redfall should’ve been cancelled and Arkane should’ve been working support until they had a decent game idea that wasn’t Redfall.