505 Games will be shutting down their offices in France, Spain and Germany

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

As Gamereactor has learned, and as EA, Activision or 2K Games did in recent years, 505 Games is left without local representation in its subsidiaries in the old continent. This means that, apart from the Milanese headquarters and preserving the British company given its operational difference, Germany, Spain and France will close (some after more than 15 years of activity) and cancel their work, mainly in marketing, communication and relations.

The number of employees affected is not as large as last year's (less than 10 people), but it does mean the important loss of direct territorial relations, a move that other publishers have already made with dubious results.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Is just coincidence..:

Or most companies are having layoffs in Europe due the high cost to maintain employees there?
Definitely not just a coincidence, it's not the only factor but it has a part in it too. Ppl should understand why companies move elsewhere to do game development, it's very expensive in some parts

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Is just coincidence..:

Or most companies are having layoffs in Europe due the high cost to maintain employees there?
Western European nations did this this on themselves with their stupid sanctions on Russia
They fu............ their economy so bad
The funny thing is Russia economy are blooming right now
But we cannot say the same things in uk Germany France ect
I really think some videogames studio's will move to other countries in Asia or Middle East imo

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Western European nations did this this on themselves with their stupid sanctions on Russia
They fu............ their economy so bad
The funny thing is Russia economy are blooming
But we cannot say the same things in uk Germany France ect
I really think some videogames studio's will move to other countries in Asia or Middle East imo
I am not sure if I am following you correctly, but when you say stupid sanctions, did you expect those countries not to impose those?

Russia is wrong here, and sanctions surely were/are the appropriate response to their aggresion.

• Shake
  • haha
Reactions: Zzero and xollowsob

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
505... they brought DS to PC, so even though dont like to see people lose their jobs, that company is one I have no love loss for.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Is just coincidence..:

505 pretty much only develops and publishes stuff in/from Europe. They don't really have a US or Asian developer relations branch to close. With EU regulations they never really needed those other branches anyway, as opposed to, say, the UK one which as already stated is not being shut down.