7 year Arkane Studios veteran leaves studio to untap his potential

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Spending 7.5 billion just for one studio after another to seemingly fall apart... what a disaster.

Blizzard is already going to shit.

Apart from enriching a load of institutional investors, what does the ABK deal add to gaming? Nothing. it hurts gaming to enrich some already wealthy people.

24 Jun 2022
Anotherone.gif

Just imagine the exodus from ABK if/when MS acquire them. Blizzard's already turning into a skeleton, can't fathom what'll be the case with the Activision teams. I assume King staff would be more or less stable though, can't picture any notable or large number of departures from that side.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Razdaz

25 Sep 2022
Spending 7.5 billion just for one studio after another to seemingly fall apart... what a disaster.

Apart from enriching a load of institutional investors, what does the ABK deal add to gaming? Nothing. it hurts gaming to enrich some already wealthy people.
Which seems to be in sharp contrast to Sony, who are willing to overpay acquisitions just to retain and satisfy the employees, to the point that you have people like the Visual Arts artist Robert Morrison (the cool guy with lots of tattoos) who joined Bend, the Bend game designer Eric Jensen who joined Sucker Punch, recently Firewalk Studios narrative director Emily Zulauf joined Bungie, and from today's news, the development director who joined Firesprite from Media Molecule; even when they leave, SIE/PS Studios employees still seem to enjoy the overall structure enough to remain within the company itself, and I'm sure there are many more examples in recent years.

Microsoft is so obsessed with the big brand energy, IP strength and scope of their latest acquisitions that they sink all their resources and attention for those (and to increasingly mixed results) and seem to be terrified of trying to course correct or at least identify those problems they inherited when acquiring those studios and publishers.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

To be fair to MS, Blizzard was already shit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Which seems to be in sharp contrast to Sony, who are willing to overpay acquisitions just to retain and satisfy the employees, to the point that you have people like the Visual Arts artist Robert Morrison (the cool guy with lots of tattoos) who joined Bend, the Bend game designer Eric Jensen who joined Sucker Punch, recently Firewalk Studios narrative director Emily Zulauf joined Bungie, and from today's news, the development director who joined Firesprite from Media Molecule; even when they leave, SIE/PS Studios employees still seem to enjoy the overall structure enough to remain within the company itself, and I'm sure there are many more examples in recent years.

Microsoft is so obsessed with the big brand energy, IP strength and scope of their latest acquisitions that they sink all their resources and attention for those (and to increasingly mixed results) and seem to be terrified of trying to course correct or at least identify those problems they inherited when acquiring those studios and publishers.

I wonder how Microsoft will deal with being crushed by a company spending a fraction of what they spent.....

If they will even acknowledge it!

To see talent and creativity beat cash and brute force of corporatism is so poetic to me.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I wonder how Microsoft will deal with being crushed by a company spending a fraction of what they spent.....

If they will even acknowledge it!

To see talent and creativity beat cash and brute force of corporatism is so poetic to me.
MS is going to enjoy having Sony cut them checks for COD and the like.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
D

Deleted member 417

Lol. People leave studios daily. Someone just left bungie the other day. Non story
You're right. And 99% of days it's an MS owned studio people leave.

No pattern or correlation to be seen though, sheer coincidence.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
add to this. whole bethesda/zenimax going to be forgotten. m$ is about to get a new shiny toy.
I need one of those current/forthcoming releases picture-graph for XB. What are those 20-odd "pre-bethesda" studios upto, it's years past the times when they were purchased.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
PS be like
Hugging Reaction GIF

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
These people don’t want to work with MS, simple.
Tango is dead anyway now that the creator Mikami has left. Same will happen with the rest of the studios