82% of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor sales were on PS5, 18% on Xbox | UK Charts

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Again, this will likely change when the digital data arrives, due to the popularity of digital on Xbox platforms.

Why do they always repeat this as if it's fact? Is there data to suggest that PS5 users don't also buy a lot of digital and thus would increase Playstation's share even more?
At worst, it'll move from 4:1 to 3:1 if RE4 is anything to go by. Xbots don't buy games.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Again, this will likely change when the digital data arrives, due to the popularity of digital on Xbox platforms.

Why do they always repeat this as if it's fact? Is there data to suggest that PS5 users don't also buy a lot of digital and thus would increase Playstation's share even more?
I don't think people preference to either digital or physical is tied to a console. But people who have faster internet and got the platform with cheaper option to expand its NVMe will likely buy digital

Freeza93

Banned
1 May 2023
thats why nothing will change at all people will buy any shit why put in the effort, its that simple dont buy and you will get better games on release.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Xbox is living on borrowed time. We the string of Ls they’ve suffered this gen and now Xbox players not buying even big 3rd party western games, I don’t see the brand lasting much longer.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why in hell that Mario Kart remaster is still selling? And why is it selling more than the actual Mario game?
Maybe Switch owners look at what they have released that month and since don't see anything interesting they look back for good games. And well, if you look at Switch racing games there isn't much to choose from. So they get this one because they know it's good.

And well, there are people who buy anything with a Mario or the Nintendo logo in the cover. Multiple times.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I do wonder when the breaking point will be for retailers to keep restocking xbox versions of games.

Either they don't stock it or the price is higher due to risk of stock not selling.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I do wonder when the breaking point will be for retailers to keep restocking xbox versions of games.

Either they don't stock it or the price is higher due to risk of stock not selling.
I think Xbox is screwed no matter what. They've cultivated an audience that doesn't pay for games (and doesn't have the money to do so). Gamepaas teaches them to avoid buying at retail which leads to a vicious cycle of games selling less, skipping Xbox, and Microsoft being forced to pay to bring them to the console at all, and release them on GP, which teaches the users to avoid buying games. It gets more and more expensive for Microsoft while the subscriber base dwindles with flop after first party flop like Redfall and Hifi Rush.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think Xbox is screwed no matter what. They've cultivated an audience that doesn't pay for games (and doesn't have the money to do so). Gamepaas teaches them to avoid buying at retail which leads to a vicious cycle of games selling less, skipping Xbox, and Microsoft being forced to pay to bring them to the console at all, and release them on GP, which teaches the users to avoid buying games. It gets more and more expensive for Microsoft while the subscriber base dwindles with flop after first party flop like Redfall and Hifi Rush.
It also tanks their chances to sell games and something because they are ditching physical.
Imagine, going into gaming section, no xbox games, people won't bring it into the conversation, you can't recommend anything to buy etc.
Xbox won't survive this gen.