A list of Rumoured Bungie's Unannounced Projects, per Job Listings and Reports.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wasn't Matter disproven/just a codename for Destiny content?

Unsure, there's a lot of confusion about what is what. Mainly because everything is based around job descriptions and they can be misleading.

But you're possibly right, Matter could be a part of Destiny in some way.

I feel like Bungie is a bit like what Blizzard was to Activision. Or that is the aim at least.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Bungie said they expect to release at least a new IP before 2025, meaning that they are working on more than one. And considering they're also working on Destiny 2, that means that probably the Marathon rumor is fake.

Wasn't Matter disproven/just a codename for Destiny content?
We only know that Bungie trademarked Matter in the EU. Meaning that very likely it's a separate, new brand. But maybe not, it could also be a Destiny related DLC, spinoff, movie, tv show, comic, whatever.

Reactions: Bryank75

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.
-google
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Lol.

Saw the OP and posted that question, then saw all the speculation about what it is 🤦

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Sony gonna throw a million fps arrows until one hits the bullseye. And im all for it.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Not into GAAS shooters but cool for the niche it will satisfy so i can continue getting my single player games

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Matter is not a code name for Destiny. The codename for the next major Destiny expansion/project after (or for) Final Shape is called Goliath.

Last years Dev roadmap Destiny. Indicates team project sizes. Notice the parallel development of Final Shape and an even bigger destiny project. I believe this is “D3” and the first installment of the next saga.

FOtzTa_VIAI5cnO

There is the possibility that Matter and Marathon are the same project. Most think it is not.

Whatever Tom Henderson said about Marathon is all we know about that.

Last edited:

stebin alex

25 Oct 2022
So from research and looking into Job listing and researching.
- I think Matter is 3rd person shooter, it's the colorful art you have seen in the Bungie website, seems like its a casual type game.
- Marathon is the Tarkov style extraction shooter game they are working on

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Marathon was indicated to be brightly colored and vibrant as described by Tom Henderson. Bungie have expressed they want Destiny to be the darker game thematically.

There’s a few reasons to believe that Matter was the codename for Marathon.

Director on Matter has been noted to jump into Tarkov streams and express his liking of the game…

Before Bungie split with Activision the boxed Destiny 3 with Activision was rumored to have a pvpve component. Griefing is an issue in games. Less so if the game is designed for it from the jump. Seems like this was scrapped ideas from then.

There’s also growing indicators that they will be making games using both tiger and unreal. Seems there’s up to 4 shooters in development. There’s a lot of room for rumors here. And for Bungie leaks being notoriously accurate… it’s a shame we still have like nothing.

They signed the creative director and leads of Valorant and a few others from Riot. I believe the Unreal job listings are for that game considering they built Valorant with Unreal and that project is probably the furthest away. Kevin Yanes from the Destiny sandbox team is rumored to have jumped over to that game as it’s said his friendship with the riot guys may have facilitated them jumping ship. Seems to be a new team entirely.

Last edited: