A person created the worlds first Tablet sized PS5. It's amazing what DIY ppl can do!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Poor Sony, everything is so impossible for them...

Sony couldn't even bother with an OLED screen on the PS Portal, they sure as hell would not make a portable monitor for PS5 with an OLED screen or a special SKU that included one.

They could if they wanted to increase the price significantly then. But surely PS Portal wouldn't be selling like it is selling now for that price.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They could if they wanted to increase the price significantly then. But surely PS Portal wouldn't be selling like it is selling now for that price.
I mean Sony made the first gaming portable with oled which was the Vita, years ago. So I don't understand his point about the oled. It's buisness decisions. I have a portal and the screen looks great and my Portal was affordable to me.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Poor Sony, can't make a streaming only device with an OLED screen without making it expensive yet Valve can make a device that runs game natively and that includes an OLED screen for $549.

I mean Sony made the first gaming portable with oled which was the Vita, years ago. So I don't understand his point about the oled. It's buisness decisions. I have a portal and the screen looks great and my Portal was affordable to me.
My point is that they obviously can make it, they just chose not to do it because they don't care enough, they care about making only the bare minimum and are scared of trying anything serious on the portable space. I loved my first gen Vita and it's sad that Sony went out of their way to kill it and now are scared to try again.

Sony doesn't even care to patch their own games or work with other devs to patch some of the biggest PS4 games to run at 60fps on the PS5 while some dudes with a hacked PS5 can do it, I rest my case.

PS5 era PlayStation leadership is mostly lucky that Xbox leadership somehow sucks even more.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I mean Sony made the first gaming portable with oled which was the Vita, years ago. So I don't understand his point about the oled. It's buisbess decisions. I have a portal and the screen looks great and my Portal was affordable to me.

PS Vita wasn't a cheap device at launch at all, yes.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Poor Sony, can't make a streaming only device with an OLED screen without making it expensive yet Valve can make a device that runs game natively and that includes an OLED screen for $549.

My point is that they obviously can make it, they just chose not to do it because they don't care, they care about making only the bare minimum. I loved my first gen Vita and it's sad that Sony went out of their way to kill it.

549$ is a 512GB model and 7.4-inch OLED 90hz screen. And it is SIGNNIFICANTLY weaker than a PS5 performance wise. So, screen on PS5 would be much larger, yes. 20ish inch maybe

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
549$ is a 512GB model and 7.4-inch OLED 90hz screen. And it is SIGNNIFICANTLY weaker than a PS5 performance wise. So, screen on PS5 would be much larger, yes. 20ish inch maybe
What did you want? A handheld PS5?

A really slim PS5 + a portable screen attachment as an option. That would be something I would like to see.

PS5 Slim is not nearly slim enough.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
We are talking about portable PS5 like that guy made. You also talked about portable PS5 too, yes.
I did not talk about a portable/handheld PS5 at this point. At most I was referring to portable in the sense that you can put it inside your backpack.

PS5 is huge and a lot of it is empty space (just removing the side covers already make it significantly smaller).

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

My point is that they obviously can make it, they just chose not to do it because they don't care enough, they care about making only the bare minimum and are scared of trying anything serious on the portable space. I loved my first gen Vita and it's sad that Sony went out of their way to kill it and now are scared to try again.

Sony doesn't even care to patch their own games or work with other devs to patch some of the biggest PS4 games to run at 60fps on the PS5 while some dudes with a hacked PS5 can do it, I rest my case.

PS5 era PlayStation leadership is mostly lucky that Xbox leadership somehow sucks even more.
Valve is losing $200 or more on every Steam Deck sold, so that’s a shit argument.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

You’re hilarious. Truly insane.

Once again, Valve has admitted THEY LOSE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON EACH STEAM DECK THEY SELL. You can’t say Sony leadership are idiots for not being willing to lose money like that on a niche product guaranteed not to sell in the kind of quantity that would justify the research and development, factory tooling and marketing costs.

I’m beginning to think you’re a troll, or some half-wit satire account.

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
You’re hilarious. Truly insane.

Once again, Valve has admitted THEY LOSE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON EACH STEAM DECK THEY SELL. You can’t say Sony leadership are idiots for not being willing to lose money like that on a niche product guaranteed not to sell in the kind of quantity that would justify the research and development, factory tooling and marketing costs.

I’m beginning to think you’re a troll, or some half-wit satire account.
I genuinely think this person is a troll from XboxEra with how many dumb reactionary comments they make that have no basis on truth in reality.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Poor Sony, everything is so impossible for them..

Sony couldn't even bother with an OLED screen on the PS Portal, they sure as hell would not make a portable monitor for PS5 with an OLED screen or a special SKU that included one.

Here in Brazil the trashiest hardware manufacturer (Positivo) is the one that make Vaio laptops, a sad ending for a once very influential brand.
OLED dies quicker tho. And Sony is already making a new type of screen called miniLED.
https://techgameworld.com/sony-cuts-the-screen-and-brings-its-miniled-technology-inside/

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alright let's bring it back. Let's not get carried away over opinions.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
200 watts in a tablet is a non starter, cool concept though. Also having that much heat near the OLED panel is terrifying lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78