Aaron Greenberg said "Nobody cares about Banjo-Kazooie", according to Spanish YouTuber and personality 'Puerta al Sótano'

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Moments GIF

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

akira__

29 Sep 2024
On the list of issues with Xbox this won't even make the list.

Let's wait until he does something hilarious again like randomly posting just: Starfield

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
It's not much different than Crash or Spyro. Sure they still had games but the games people really care about are as old as Banjo so I think a good remake would sell.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I got this for my birthday as a child and even I don’t care about the IP.

It was a collect-a-thon and frankly I value my time too much now to actively request another game in the Banjo Kazooie franchise of all things.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Banjo was lame and weak back in 2000. Why people keep bringing it up is beyond me.

People love to live in the past.

I'm guilty of it too. Give me an Arc The Lad remake.

Would it sell? I don't know... it's a tactical RPG... I think the ceiling on those could be quite low, but look at Persona. You double down on your niche and build something that is interesting, and it can find an audience.

You just have to do projects like this with the proper budget. Unfortunately for Persona, they don't look like they're increasing the budget to go along with the success, which might become its undoing.

• Heart
Reactions: Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
People love to live in the past.

I'm guilty of it too. Give me an Arc The Lad remake.

Would it sell? I don't know... it's a tactical RPG... I think the ceiling on those could be quite low, but look at Persona. You double down on your niche and build something that is interesting, and it can find an audience.

You just have to do projects like this with the proper budget. Unfortunately for Persona, they don't look like they're increasing the budget to go along with the success, which might become its undoing.

I respect this viewpoint. At least you're not saying all AAA games should stick to the genres that worked 20 years ago.

Personally, I'm too fascinated by what games are becoming to want companies to dig in the same exhausted gold mine. I'd hope for every company to start making games based on what they think players will want 10 - 15 years from now.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They could do that. I just don't think that they will. Any chance of it happening ended when they let Toys For Bob become independent. Never say never but I would be very surprised if Microsoft was to make a Banjo remake as I think that would be much more likely than a new Banjo entry.
Yeah Id agree too they wouldnt do it
Id take a remake over nothing for sure

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Im conflicted, one side aaron greenberg its a fucking idiot, on the other side, that guy of puerta al sotano its one of the biggest dumbasses of the spanish YouTube sphere, also a big shill of anything Microsoft and a big beggar of free events, also a very well known liar

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Disagree.

Banjo on Nintendo & PS would easily sell 5+ million.

Banjo on Xbox & PC will sell less then 500K if there lucky. From a financial standpoint making banjo will solely be to make it for the fans & good pr because it won’t sell + gamepass numbers won’t go up
Banjo isn't going to push the needle on any platform. It's dead. Let it rest.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I haven't played Banjo and Kazooie before, but it does seem like any new entries would be competing against a lot of other really great platformers if one released in modern times.
Uh ? There are less great platformers today that in the heydays of Banjo and Kazooje....

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Uh ? There are less great platformers today that in the heydays of Banjo and Kazooje....
I'm not particularly a platformer fanatic, but just to name a few off the top of the head Astrobot, Mario (Odyssey, Galaxy 2, Wonder), Ratchet and Clank. This is also excluding all of the influential 2D platformers which cropped up over the last decade (Celeste, Hollow Knight, Ori, etc.)

I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to make a good modern Banjo and Kazooie game, but for context the last entry in the franchise was in 2008, and had a pretty mixed review of like 79, or something. Astrobot just came out, and has a 94.