According to Bandai Namco's Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree announcement, the base game has sold over 23 million units

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

the base game has sold over 23 million units

"Combining the development capabilities of FromSoftware and the marketing power of Bandai Namco Entertainment's overseas network, this title has been played by fans around the world since its release on February 25, 2022, and has shipped more than 23 million units worldwide"

bandainamco.co.jp

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Impressive considering the game has only been on sales at 40% discount once last December and has never had a 50% discount yet. Lots of copies will be sold of this game in deep discount with the Base Game+DLC down the line for sure.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have still yet to play Elden Ring; add Demon Souls to that equation too.
You are the wildest man I know. Some of the best gamed of any generation. You are depriving yourself imo.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Thats more than any halo or gears game i bet

Were still gona call the souls game as niche franchise?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Huge game, massive success, available on 5 platforms, GoTY, 23m copies sold.

Yet people want to pretend PlayStation exclusive games don't matter, when they regularly sell above 10m or even 20m.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I hope it has a trophy list time time around. An actualll trophy list. Also it can be accessed without looking up online.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Is there any info on how to access the DLC?

Game back log is massive, to many good games to play.

That is why you don't need to worry about it and just play whatever you feel like playing.

Focus on the high quality stuff.

Reactions: Sircaw

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Is there any info on how to access the DLC?

That is why you don't need to worry about it and just play whatever you feel like playing.

Focus on the high quality stuff.
Melina said it there, touch the withered arm, ventured into shadow realm. So wtf that thing is in English of Miquella in the tower.

So basically touched something again. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also pretty sure the whole DLC gonna be just Hunter Nightmare..., just a fucking dream

These guys got like 3 type of scripts, lol

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Also pretty sure the whole DLC gonna be just Hunter Nightmare..., just a fucking dream

These guys got like 3 type of scripts, lol
From what i have looked up it is a Parallel World "The Shadow Realm" which you can go back and forth from when you want to.
As it is going to contain more backstory, Plus the fact we will be getting not only a massive expansion but also new weapons / styles / amours / bosses

Also whats with the random hate and wild takes?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
With 23M copies sold they really should upgrade or move to a new engine for a sequel. Saw that trailer yesterday and visually its showing its age. Just release a Born out of Blood spiritual sucessor for current gen only and brand new tech. Also shorter, Elden Ring is a massive game, the DLC must be like 40/50 hours on its own.

Wonder if with the Switch 2 From will start porting their back catalog to it. I think Switch only has the Dark Souls remaster right? Not even DS2 SOTFS.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
From what i have looked up it is a Parallel World "The Shadow Realm" which you can go back and forth from when you want to.
As it is going to contain more backstory, Plus the fact we will be getting not only a massive expansion but also new weapons / styles / amours / bosses

Also whats with the random hate and wild takes?
Hidetaki says it gonna be the size of Limgrave. If that the is the case then, well, good riddance. The base game is so bloated full of empty land and copy-paste I think they learned the memo this time. Make it compact and well-designed hopefully, like say, Ring Cities.

Also this is just how they do DLC. Usually it can be accessible mid-game and does not interwine with the main story. You can get in, get out through check point.

Reactions: Airbus

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
With 23M copies sold they really should upgrade or move to a new engine for a sequel. Saw that trailer yesterday and visually its showing its age. Just release a Born out of Blood spiritual sucessor for current gen only and brand new tech. Also shorter, Elden Ring is a massive game, the DLC must be like 40/50 hours on its own.

Wonder if with the Switch 2 From will start porting their back catalog to it. I think Switch only has the Dark Souls remaster right? Not even DS2 SOTFS.
DS2 has like two versions, the PS3 version which DLC sold seperately and the PS4 version with "improved lighting", bake the DLCs in so you earn keys to access DLCs finding it rather than automatically given, and add more enemies in the levels. I am not sure that is improving it.

Also the stupid water fairy magic level, I think they make the trench wider so you fall more easier. Lol.

Also you can find Heineken can in the textures, they sneakily removed it .Lazy fuckers..

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Huge success. I'm surprised it's legs weren't bigger in the second year though

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
DS2 has like two versions, the PS3 version which DLC sold seperately and the PS4 version with "improved lighting", bake the DLCs in so you earn keys to access DLCs finding it rather than automatically given, and add more enemies in the levels. I am not sure that is improving it.

Also the stupid water fairy magic level, I think they make the trench wider so you fall more easier. Lol.

Also you can find Heineken can in the textures, they sneakily removed it .Lazy fuckers..

Never played the original DS2. SOFTS can be downright brutal at times. Coming from the original dark souls I thought it was going to be a walk in the park. Boy was I wrong.