According to @Middleagegamegy, The Gears Collection is being internally tested by The Coalition. Ninja Theory still working on Mara.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Do these people just use words randomly? Build is done? Executive testing?
This tells me nothing. Is it alpha build? Beta? Are they building the game in chunks? The hell are they own about? The hell they testing? that it runs? Testing for bugs?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Never played these because I never owned an Xbox console but will give them a go when they're cheap on PS5

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I would sooner believe these people read my posts on Icon and then tease them as rumors on Youtube than they actually have credible internal sources at Xbox.

The Gears Collection is a no brainer on Playstation5

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Never played these because I never owned an Xbox console but will give them a go when they're cheap on PS5
They are good to avg, you can have mindless fun in the mp that eventually becomes a repetitive shotgun fest. They hvnt evolved much except for copying other games lately and trying to be more open and less linear.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They are avg, you can have mindless fun in the molp that eventually be comes a repetitive shotgun fest. They hvnt evolved much except for copying other games lately and trying to be more open and less linear.
One is better than average. It defined the third person cover shooter more than Resident Evil 4. There's no Uncharted without Gears.

Two is a great campaign that gets a little too cringe/emo.

Both these games have coop and competitive multiplayer that few games have matched since.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Love Gears of War especially the first two but don't care about the remastered collection and have zero interest in Project Mara.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
One is better than average. It defined the third person cover shooter more than Resident Evil 4. There's no Uncharted without Gears.

Two is a great campaign that gets a little too cringe/emo.

Both these games have coop and competitive multiplayer that few games have matched since.
Two were good at the time but for me now are avg. and the rest serviceable. I also do not agree that Uncharted wouldn't have happened without Gears. Opinions and all tht.

BTW imo Uncharted mp wipes the floor with Gears mp easily. I bought an Xbox just to play Gears and Halo and was highly disappointed in both. The mp in Gears was a shotgun fests tht I easily excelled in and very static and restricted, I couldn't even jump over half the little 2 foot ledges. Uncharted does so much more and better. Halo and Gears may have innovated at the time but both stayed stagnant and feel like old outdated formulas.

Just my opinion of course.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
guardians-of-the-galaxy-djimon-gaston-hounsou.gif

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I tried to play Gears back when I was on 360 but just couldn't keep going.

I'd give it another try though if it was on PS5. Dont think they'd port a flagship franchise quite yet though.

If they did, it would be floodgates for everything.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023

Well we can already see how MS values exclusivity , just have to wait and see

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Remasstering their existing games, imagine this would be coming to more platforms as they will not generate sales on xbox

Reactions: flaccidsnake
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I look forward to trying them out either way. I was more of Killzone guy but I enjoyed all of these mps to some degree.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gears was good back in the day. Unfortunately the game's from the 360 era mechanics, level design and AI haven't aged well at all but the multiplayers could be a good nostalgia visit.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
GEARS wasn't revolutionary. It's just RE4 + Killswitch's cover mechanic + MS marketing machine.

Reactions: Gamernyc78